• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tinkerer

Steve Favia

Occupation
Retired local 150 Operating Engineer
Oops sorry,read that wrong, Happy Birthday Welder Dave,hope you’re feeling better!

Welder Dave

Must be the drugs talking, lol...
What drug's? Probably going to get a few today. Friday is chemo day. 30+ pills and lots of apple sauce to get them down. Also get an injection. Looks like I will be getting a stem cell/ bone marrow transplant. Very cool what they do!!!

Last edited:

HardRockNM

Occupation
Miner
Happy birthday! You're not alone - a friend of mine is 78 and still runs a gold mine and operates from time to time. We'll be fixing up a Kato/CAT genset over the next few weeks.

Welder Dave

Happy birthday! You're not alone - a friend of mine is 78 and still runs a gold mine and operates from time to time. We'll be fixing up a Kato/CAT genset over the next few weeks.
Awesome but I can do 1 better. Yesterday I got a call from someone asking if my MX track was open. He is the former person running the club and is 84 years old!!!!!!! He is slower and doesn't jump.too high on his almost new Husky 450. He had no idea I was in the Cross Cancer. I want people to know and he will inform them. Steen can still through a lot roost when he wants too. Unbelieveable!!! I did some landscaping for him quite a few years ago. I'm kicking myself because I never asked for a ride in his Ferrari 308! He also had 1 of the 1st BMW M5's in Cad. For his wife. Big fancy motor home too but now now he's living in a fancy senior's residence. He was inducted into the Cad. Motorcyle hall of fame for being the 1st. To bring Husqvarna bikes to Canada. I think they give him a bike. He had a Harley dealer ship at one time but got in the $$$$ parts business. He doesn't have too much to do with the son who took over the business. Sold the company for about 10 million I think. Son spent money like it grew on tree's. 40+ years building the business and his son sold it out from under him. I don't know if his son bought the business or what the arrangement was. Kind of similar to Tinkerers story of Tommy Labretch (sp).

Last edited: