• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Timberpro 620E/630 6-wheeled buncher

Chopper95

Didn't know if anyone on here would have any experience with the old Timberpro 620E (aka Timbco on wheels) or the newer 630/B/C/D series of 6 wheeled feller bunchers or processor machines.

I guess the 8 wheeled machines, 830/840, would probably share a lot of components or similarity as well... maybe...not sure

I've ran a handful of regular track bunchers, including Timberpro and Timbco. I see advantages (and disadvantages of course) to the wheels, but just poking around to see if there's any first hand experience to share.

I've got a guy who might want to sell his, tilting cab version, and it has my interest.

1.jpg

Plebeian

Just depends on how you intend to use the 6 wheeler, tree size, terrain etc. If driving up a formed forest road for a mile between two small cable haulers to process logs, to avoid buying two processors. etc

Tires - Remember that it takes 5 years for a rubber tree before it can produce rubber and there has been a global shortage of rubber with rubber tree blight? and asian farmers chopping rubber trees down for quick return local market food cash crops, new rubber trees grown in areas where the people have less experience with rubber trees. The tire situation is complicated. https://www.customtruck.com/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-current-tire-shortage/
Tigercat has made a fixed processor head (depending on tree size) that could be mounted to an old hot saw levelling 822 or 830, 855 etc.

18K hour old Tigercat 830 with SP head in Scotland

Timberpro 830B (8x8) and Logmax 9000 which needs a new saw chain (Germany)

Old 830 with waratah 624 super