• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tilt Trailer Angle

Tilt Angle

• OK - don't fret

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Too Steep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jjchavez

I'm having a local shop build me a custom tilt trailer for my Kubota U35 mini ex. I'm wondering if/when a tilt bed is too steep? Here is an image of the build so far. There is still a back plate that will go on the end which will lower the angle a bit but wondering what your thoughts are on the angle of the tilt. Is it OK? too steep? Thanks for your opinions...I'm sure there will be many and varied.

Attachments

• tilt1.jpg
    tilt1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 65

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
That looks like less of an angle than my deck over gooseneck loads at. Can you put a smart level on it and give us an angle or measure it and do some geometry?

jjchavez

Unfortunately I won't be able to put a smart level on it for a week or so...I'm traveling but I appreciate the inputs. Thanks! (Seems like when we were talking he was shooting for 15 degrees...I've seen others that advertise 9 degrees). Right now I'm loading it into a 14K dump and that is always fun.

AzIron

That angle looks pretty standard should do just fine

Trade off with a tilt is to get less angle you have to move the axel away forward from the tail and it limits the load placement a lot