1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Tilt Trailer Angle

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by jjchavez, May 1, 2019.

?

Tilt Angle

1. OK - don't fret

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Too Steep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jjchavez

jjchavez New Member

I'm having a local shop build me a custom tilt trailer for my Kubota U35 mini ex. I'm wondering if/when a tilt bed is too steep? Here is an image of the build so far. There is still a back plate that will go on the end which will lower the angle a bit but wondering what your thoughts are on the angle of the tilt. Is it OK? too steep? Thanks for your opinions...I'm sure there will be many and varied.

Attached Files:

td25c likes this.
  2. redneckracin

redneckracin Senior Member

Civil Engineer
    That looks like less of an angle than my deck over gooseneck loads at. Can you put a smart level on it and give us an angle or measure it and do some geometry?

jjchavez and td25c like this.
  3. td25c

td25c Senior Member

I like it !

That's pretty close to the same angle we use with an excavator .

July 2012 051[1].JPG

jjchavez likes this.
  4. jjchavez

jjchavez New Member

Unfortunately I won't be able to put a smart level on it for a week or so...I'm traveling but I appreciate the inputs. Thanks! (Seems like when we were talking he was shooting for 15 degrees...I've seen others that advertise 9 degrees). Right now I'm loading it into a 14K dump and that is always fun.

5. AzIron

AzIron Senior Member

That angle looks pretty standard should do just fine

Trade off with a tilt is to get less angle you have to move the axel away forward from the tail and it limits the load placement a lot

jjchavez likes this.
  6. Jonas302

Jonas302 Senior Member

Looks pretty reasonable

jjchavez likes this.