• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ticket Software Mobile Tech

BAMFDiesel

Hello everyone, I need some assistance with customer ticket software.
A little background, I'm 25 and getting ready to conclude my first year being an independent mobile tech. I primarily work on 2013+ road tractors (PACCAR's more specifically), but I work on all models and equipment as well. The primary service I provide is diag, electrical, def troubleshooting/repair. Client base is around 20 reoccurring customers, 40+ total; total trucks is 100+. Accounting software is QuickBooks.

Now the problem at hand, I deal with too many trucks and pieces of equipment for handshake style tickets and repair documentation. What software are you guys using?? I have a few webinars scheduled tomorrow but I want opinions from real users. Mobile app integration would be lovely but at this rate I'm willing to sacrifice convenience for quality.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I’m a one-man mobile operation. I am using Fast Field for my work orders. It’s awesome. It’s all on my phone. You can make whatever form you want. Or, give the great folks at Fast Field a document format you like or tell them what you want and they will make it.

I have a signature box that allows my customer to sign the workorder. You can instantly convert it to a pdf and email it or print it.

BAMFDiesel

I’m a one-man mobile operation. I am using Fast Field for my work orders. It’s awesome. It’s all on my phone. You can make whatever form you want. Or, give the great folks at Fast Field a document format you like or tell them what you want and they will make it.

I have a signature box that allows my customer to sign the workorder. You can instantly convert it to a pdf and email it or print it.
How is it for organization? if you needed to revisit a work order a year ago, or keep a customer's fleet on file?

Coaldust

Occupation
7A13CF54-5051-4B15-AF83-DE4AABE6299A.jpeg Attached is a screenshot. I tried to blank out my customer info. I can even attach pictures directly from my phone. $25 bucks a month for the service.

Coaldust

Occupation
You can search for customer name, job number, po#. I have three years worth of documentation and no problems yet locating a past job.

BAMFDiesel

I love the simplicity, but I assume its manual entry every time? Are you able to save information to auto-generate into the columns? I'm guessing you don't use other customer management options aside from accounting software.

Coaldust

Occupation
Quickbooks sucks for a owner-op, too complicated and expensive. Check out FreshBooks. I can run invoices, enter expenses and invoices, track mileage, yada, yada for $35 a month. Plus, my CPA is much happier vs the Quickbook purgatory. But, your mileage may vary.

My secret to success is keeping direct expenses to a minimum. Which allows me to make the payment on my single-wide and the damn lot fees. The drunk trailerpark manager is a real A-hole. The assistant trailer park manager is easier to deal with, but he never wears a shirt.

Coaldust

Occupation
After you fill out a form once or twice it will start auto populating. You can also make a form template for your regular customers, pre-populated.

Coaldust

Occupation
Most of my customers are regular repeat biz. IDK, maybe 30. If I was doing retail with new customers every day, this wouldn’t work.

There’s a plethora of shop management software available with expensive subscriptions and capability. I’m totally in to see what some of the other fellas use.

BAMFDiesel

I have QuickBooks and love it, i was just curious because that's how I do all of my invoices. Everything is sent via email and paid online, I can save credit cards and bill on due dates, monitor profit/loss ect. My Business checking is all on quickbooks, I take pics of my receipts and it auto-saves with the transaction so when I get audited its cake. My desire is to get something more intricate and complicated for customer management.

For example, i want to be able to categorize how customers were acquired, the cost of obtaining said customer, and the money ive generated from them ect.

The current best software i see for this is Fullbay

Coaldust

Occupation
That’s awesome. If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.

I’m doing all that with FreshBooks, including credit card transactions. Much easier learning curve. But, nowhere the capability of Quickbooks. But, I don’t need that extra stuff at this point.

Zewnten

Just following. Sorry not much input. I've looked at a lot of options and either they don't do what I want, too simple, or they do what I want but I'm busy working and don't have time to do all the fitly bits that make the better programs work, Quickbooks.