• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thunderbird Yarders, Loaders, and Etc from the Murray's in Eugene Oregon

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
It is a 1990 model TSY 155. It has a 55 foot boom it has Detroit 8V-71 T power and an Allison Transmission. It is setup to run MSP running skyline or grapplw yard. It is not designed for standing Skyline yarding in its current configuration.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Me too. I hate buying used equipment but realistically we don't have any other options for yarders unless you want to spend a million and a half.

Plebeian

Is the TSY 155 headed to the shop for at least a check over before being hauled into the woods?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Does anybody here have any information on a 155 or ever worked around one? I cannot find any information on one or anybody that has worked on one.

furpo

Does anybody here have any information on a 155 or ever worked around one? I cannot find any information on one or anybody that has worked on one.

I have a couple of contacts down here who are grapple yardering with the 155 and I am running a 255.

You will love grapple yardering.