• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thoughts on inside demo.

Sam_French

Hey guys just throwing some different ideas around. Would a small mini ex lets say one around 3000 lb on propane, with a hammer and thumb. Could this setup be contracted out for inside work?

Thank You

Sam French

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Yes but you have to remove the debris from inside and if can't get a truck or anything in there your SOL. Most use a skid steer with a grapple bucket, but they don't break up trash very well for loading out good. I have used a 315 cat for interior demos, but we had a few big bay doors to open for ventilation and to back enddumps into.

Wolf

Yes but you have to remove the debris from inside and if can't get a truck or anything in there your SOL. Most use a skid steer with a grapple bucket, but they don't break up trash very well for loading out good. I have used a 315 cat for interior demos, but we had a few big bay doors to open for ventilation and to back enddumps into.

Awesome that you got a 315 inside a building to wreck it. That's pretty cool. I've seen dudes bring a 977 into an old theater and just run it through the lobby and seating areas. Never saw destruction like that before and it was just awesome.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I've never heard of a mini excavator running on propane, but with decent ventilation diesel shouldn't be to bad, but yeah having a skid-steer either on solid tires or tracks is good to have on hand in order to tram your debris to the dump truck or dumpster.

Wolf

Yeah the propane bobcats work great for interior wrecking jobs. How's it going?

Dmconstruct

Occupation
Operating Engineer Crane Op
Diesel powered bobcats with scrubbers installed, decent ventilation is all that needed