• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thomas PT15

hotwire22

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have Thomas PT15 mini ex. The tracks are operated off a hydraulic motor that is connected to a sprocket that engages the track. The bolts that attach the sprocket to the motor all sheared off. We were unsuccesful at removing the broken bolts so we drilled and tapped the drive flange on the motor and installed the sprocket to it. The setup is exactly as it was from the factory. Now the problem. The drive motor will not turn with the drive lever detented forward or back. It will begin to creep as more throttle is inputed. At full throttle the rpms of the track are about half of what the functioning track is. Any suggestions? Some facts:
1.The motor/sprocket assembly is not in a bind
2.The hydraulic lines are all in there proper locations
3.All hydraulic cylinders have been extended and retracted to purge air from the system.
4. All other hydraulic functions perform fine.
Please help guys. Our nearest dealer is 150 miles away and to tell you the truth I dont think they know too much and in the mean time I am paying rent on another machine. Thanks in advance!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
It's late, I'm sleepy, and I'm certainly not an expert mechanic, (the point being that I'm not sure what this might be worth), but I have to wonder if there's not something binding the whole track up. Why would it have sheared the bolts off to begin with?

will_gurt

Charter Member
Occupation
operator in extended holding pattern
Are the new bolts exact lenth of the original bolts? If they are longer, they may be causing the bind.