• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

thomas protech400 broken springs!!!

ice man

purchased unit used with low hours, we are braking a springs almost every time we use it, sometimes more than a couple per day. Seems to brake the most springs during startup or shutting down. The springs are the original C shaped stlye, have seen newer replacement styles on web for sale, are they worth the extra cost and do they last longer? any input on our spring problems would be great.

Tags

I've got a 400 screener with the newer style rubber blocks that provide the shaking, it currently has 800 hours on it and in that time ive had to replace 4 out of the 8 blocks. The rubber inside the aluminum blocks cracked and started to come out and I was told it was from over loading the screener or "shocking" it buy dropping a heavy load or a big boulder on it. This very easily could have happened since the screener was being loaded with a 2 yd wheel loader and the material was rocky and wet. Since ive replaced them (about 400hrs ago) i haven't had another problem and have been much more aware of how we use the unit, we really only load it with an excavator or a 1 yd loader very slowly. I would upgrade from the springs to the rubber blocks.

squidrig

Occupation
cranberry grower
I just ordered 4 of the lovejoy rosta blocks for my 400.. Shop around i just paid 246.xx a piece have seen them for as high as 325.xx part number for rosta is doa 45x100

Tags

I just ordered 4 of the lovejoy rosta blocks for my 400.. Shop around i just paid 246.xx a piece have seen them for as high as 325.xx part number for rosta is doa 45x100

Who/where did you order them from, if you'd be willing to share that would be mighty helpful.