• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Well it's been raining here with high temps in the 60's for the last 5 weeks pretty much every other day except for the sub-freeze around Christmas. So in other words a typical southeast winter..:rolleyes:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Cannot make up its mind here, Wind Screeching in at hurricane force to Dead still temps are running from Lo 60s to mid twenties within days of each other. rain today off and on, cold out with stiff wind yet still lo forties, turn around for Saturday/Sunday to get rain into wintry mix then back to warm next week. SHHEEEESH!!! My internal thermostat has also about had it!!

AzIron

Continued rain off and on for the last 6 weeks has work more messed up than anyone has a clue about I think we have averaged 3 maybe 4 inches since thanks giving there are places just north of the valley that have seen 10 inches in 3 months witch is insane for us

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
It always seems the guys with cleanest vehicles are the ones that ALWAYS leave a mess behind in a piece of equipment. “Don’t get my vehicle dirty but I’ll leave sh!t ton of trash in yours…” drives me nuts.

well you can’t expect them to move that trash to that nice sparkly clean machine, would make them appear the rubes they are!!

Truck Shop

Every time we have a truck cleaned/detailed inside it's $350 average, some as high as $500.
Normally within 30 days it's back to dirty again depending on driver. To replace the mattress
is $500 which happens a lot. Some keep a sparkling interior others not so much.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Besides the trash in equipment the thing that got to me was all the "air fresheners" hanging in some of them! Especially if I had to work in the cab on a nice sunny day, the smell of those would hit me right in the gut. First thing I would do is toss them out the window and leave the door(s) wide open.

56wrench

One place i worked at 20years ago, we had a shop truck for us to chase parts, etc and we always kept it washed and the cab clean. No greasy hands or dirty coveralls allowed. It was well known that our truck was always clean. One day a supervisor asked if we would let one of his operators use it to go pick up something 40miles away. Sure, no problem. The next morning we went to use our truck and there was leftover garbage in the cab:mad:. I collected it in a bag and saved it until the next staff meeting a few days later. As i went into the coffee room and passed by him, i dumped it in his lap. He immediately went ballistic. What the f*** was that for?, he bellowed. My response was ‘The next time you use our truck, take all your crap with you when you’re done’. All the other operators were aghast and the superintendent and supervisors were bug-eyed.:eek: It took a while to get order restored and the immediate topic of the meeting was trash in cabs:) The superintendent called me in a couple days later and asked me if i could have handled it differently and i said ‘Ya, but nobody takes me seriously until i get mad and i think i made my point’. He said oh ya, but maybe next time, come to me first:) There was less garbage in cabs after that but it still happened. Funny thing was, when that operator finally was promoted to supervisor, he would grumble about operators leaving dirty cabs and he had been one of the worst offenders:D

Last edited:

Truck Shop

When I worked construction we had our fair share of slobs. One Labor Day weekend
I bought some Limburger Cheese and rubbed it in the radiator fins on several pieces
of equipment and stuffed a dead cat of the exhaust/turbo manifold. Only took 15
minuets and the whining started.