• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

ianjoub

This must be HNC in action:

298590442_10227021253332851_2457124880151761403_n.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Still find a few AMF Years HDs on the market, cannot get them to retain repairs, fix it and within miles same bad concerns re light. Electrical problems, support equipment supply issues, gauges and controls fell apart. 1969 to 1981. A great deal of US Manufacturers died by sell off in those years.

Welder Dave

Poor or non existent quality control but I thought it was only around the mid 70's models. Didn't realize it was for over a decade. Know a guy who has one of the AMF dirt bikes but they were made by someone else, can't remember the name though.

Welder Dave

That's it. I thought it was but was too lazy to look it up. Some Harley dirt bikes used forks for rear suspension but apparently they worked not too bad. The golf carts weren't too bad just odd seeing HD golf carts.

terex herder

RE: the wind generator. Start with something simple like a Delco 22SI alternator, use a crank pulley on the blades and belt it to the alternator. Cut most of the ribs off a ribbed belt to lessen drag. May need a jackshaft to increase alternator speed even more. Will still make DC at slow speed.

1466IH

RE: the wind generator. Start with something simple like a Delco 22SI alternator, use a crank pulley on the blades and belt it to the alternator. Cut most of the ribs off a ribbed belt to lessen drag. May need a jackshaft to increase alternator speed even more. Will still make DC at slow speed.
Remove bridge rectifier and have 3ph ac lol

hosspuller

Good luck getting 60 hertz.

Pull the inverter from a genset with a fubar'd engine. I know the Honda inverter generators run from 12 volt DC. That'll provide good clean 120 volts @ 60 hertz

Of course, this gets away from using the generator from the paver. But that was going to sit in the shop gather dust anyway. :p

Last edited:

Vetech63

Pull the inverter from a genset with a fubar'd engine. I know the Honda inverter generators run from 12 volt DC. That'll provide good clean 120 volts @ 60 hertz

Of course, this gets away from using the generator from the paver. But that was going to sit in the shop gather dust anyway. :p
Told her last night I needed that generator for a bicycle I'm designing LOL