1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Vetech63, Nov 15, 2021.

1. suladas

suladas Senior Member

I'd rather someone who actually inspected it and sped through the paperwork then someone who sped through the inspection and did the paperwork properly. The paperwork doesn't mean anything if it wasn't inspected and I don't think forcing people to fill it out makes it anymore likely the inspection is actually getting done.

Vetech63 and DMiller like this.
  2. hosspuller

hosspuller Senior Member

Some one here, would put money in a place that it would be found during a proper inspection... I remember him saying he didn't lose cash very often. ;)

Vetech63 and DMiller like this.
  3. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    There is no such thing as the perfect employee or the perfect employer. But a bad employer can bring out
    a lot of bad traits in a employee.

DB2, Vetech63, kshansen and 5 others like this.
  4. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Back in my time in the military it was called a radio check. Get caught doing that and it was Captains Mast at a minimum.

Vetech63, Spud_Monkey and DMiller like this.
  5. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
  6. muddog1975

muddog1975 Well-Known Member

I agree. But most companies or individuals don't want to pay for a real inspection. It's a real shame, it could save them real money in the future.

7. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

" borrowed my skid steer forks, managed to bend them up too somehow"

how is it even possible to do that??

Vetech63, DMiller and Truck Shop like this.
  8. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Kinda Retired
    Believe it or not, seen it done!!

Vetech63, oarwhat and BigWrench55 like this.
  9. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Finesse-in most cases is all it takes to complete a job. Good operators have finesse, cut
    time down with less moves and moved more dirt.

People tear stuff up because of zero finesse abilities. Bull in a China Shop.

Vetech63, 56wrench, DMiller and 4 others like this.
  10. suladas

suladas Senior Member

I have no idea. I have lifted buckets for my 210 with one fork etc and they take that fine and they are over 2000lbs. But they managed to bend up the bottom on one side where it attaches to the machine as well as the guarding at the top is all mangled, they are rated for 4500lbs so they aren't light. Granted two of his skidsteers are quite a bit bigger then mine I think one will lift over 4000lbs, it's just a lack of common sense. They used them for about 2 months and they went from looking brand new as they were only used a few times to 5 years old in that span I don't think there is a section more then a few inches by few inches that doesn't have scrape marks on it. And for the most part they were used to move plywood and rebar....

Vetech63, DMiller and oarwhat like this.
  11. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

I wonder what this week will bring? :D

12. JD955SC

JD955SC Senior Member

The equipment we see in the best shape comes from owner operators who operate all of their own stuff or have one or two operators with them who are closer to being partners than normal employees

then the next best stuff is decent to large size fleets with owners and managers that direct operators to take good care of equipment and are willing to spend the money.

Everyone else is a train wreck to some degree or another and the operators are careless slobs who I want to hit over the head with the shovel I have to use to clean out their cabs because they always have a yard of dirt packed in and covered with dip bottles and dip spit everywhere, then other food and drink containers all crammed behind the seat. I swear to god it’s a race among these retards to see who can tear a machine up the quickest and in the dumbest ways. I eagerly await the day autonomous and remote operation ends the need for cabs on machines so at least I won’t spill a nasty cup of dip spit all over me trying to empty out the cab enough to work on the POS.

DB2, 56wrench, suladas and 10 others like this.
  13. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Oh No the {A} word the planet is wobbling!

DMiller and Vetech63 like this.
  14. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

I dated a lady who was a deputy sheriff back in the day. She told me it was kind of a joke among deputies, they would see who could tear up the transmission in the Crown Vic patrol cars first. A$$HATS

56wrench, DMiller and Vetech63 like this.
  15. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

It was pretty quiet yesterday........allowing me to finish up the 310SJ. There was a Deere solution for the problem which was basically drilling and installing another hard nose mounting bolt............that was never done which is why this failed the same way twice. I've been waiting about 10 days now for a Deere tech to go out on a 700K that needs a service advisor hook-up. I called again yesterday about this since I haven't heard anything (I've actually called twice in the last week besides this) and had to leave a message. The good thing is they actually called me back. They are supposed to be looking at that machine this morning.

I could use a quiet week..........but I doubt it will happen LOL

16. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Kinda Retired
    Is no way that snake pit you have dived into is gonna get quiet until that day you have had enough.

Deere tech show yet?

17. Mike L

Mike L Senior Member

Self employed field mechanic
    Why don’t you have service advisor? Seems like you get plenty of Deere work

DMiller, CM1995 and Vetech63 like this.
  18. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

I never thought it would be worth the investment. I only need a hook up for service advisor a handful of times a year if that. I haven't checked pricing in a while but when I did, I determined it was much cheaper to have the dealer do that part. I, at this point, am nearing the end of my career in this part of the business so to invest in it now wouldn't be prudent. Also, I downgraded the size of my newest service truck and don't have enough room for what I already have. I did this with the intent of declining some types of work moving forward due to my age and physical condition.

I did get the truck washed today........first time in a while.
    Clean truck.jpg

mg2361, JPV, Mike L and 9 others like this.
  19. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Yes, but he left the job with parts lying on the tracks and didn't say anything to anyone on the job about what was going on. I'm calling the service manager in the morning to get an update.

muddog1975 and DMiller like this.
  20. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Prude!

Vetech63, DMiller and muddog1975 like this.