• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thinking about applying at R.J. Corman. Any thoughts/advice?

02Dmax

I've been running my own business for 4 years full time where I do mobile repair work on mainly heavy equipment and some over the road trucks. I love what I do and have plenty of work. My problem is, I have to wait on money a long time from several of my customers and I've tried addressing this several different ways. Which brings me to the conclusion: people are going to pay when they feel like it, doesn't matter if I'm easy to get along with, hard to get along with, tack on late fees (which I've found seems to make them think paying 3 months later is ok), refuse to do more work for them........ just doesn't seem to matter.
Then you consider how high all my insurance is for the business and the family, add in fuel, truck maintenance, and tools. Then top it off with taxes I owe and the fact that to make good money I end up working 60 hours a week, makes it seem that working for a good company would be a break even deal if not better for my situation.

Enough of my problems though, have any of you worked for RJ Corman? I'm looking at an on-call position in the KC derailment office. I've heard good things about the company but am always after more input. It seems like they've got good benefits and expect hard work for it but that's only fair. Some traveling but not for months at a time, usually a day or 2, possibly a couple weeks in some cases. Any thoughts or advice?