1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Things done at Work

Discussion in 'Cranes' started by Tiny, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

that big sob must have been a site to see being built with a little derrick hanging off the high point and going up with the tower.

2. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Last weeks stuff , 200 ton setting antenna brackets 104 feet back on the roof of a building .

Attached Files:

3. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

My brat was on the job .

P82A1019 (Small).JPG
    P82A1015 (Small).JPG
    P82A1016 (Small).JPG

4. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Drug another cow in for a different cell company for the Nascar races . I could see the one I helped set up the week before from where this one was going to be placed . Reckon I had enough Truck for the job ???

Attached Files:

5. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Spent a couple of hours setting stuff up for an addition to the Police dept in KCMO . The street was just a tad out of level . I was across the way from the fed court and county court houses .

Attached Files:

6. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Spent 4 days setting stone work .

Attached Files:

7. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Attached Files:

8. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    Is that real stone or a composite material.
    By the way love your pictures keep them coming

9. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Label on the "stone" ..... Poured Stone . It is a precast material . Has imbeds that made it fairly easy to handle . I called it stone because of listening to these guys calling it that for 4 days :) .

10. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

I was surprised at these guys , They didn't rain out.. I mean , There were plenty of brick on the job . All they had to do was look ;)

P82A1069 (Small).JPG

Did have to remind one young gentleman that while I had a load in the air I couldn't leave the platform and I would be deeply appreciative if he could aim his work in a different direction .

P82A1067 (Small).JPG

11. dbl612

dbl612 Well-Known Member

crane operator
    they are masons, there not happy unless they are making a mess for others to clean up, and have no consideration for other trades. its part of their training.

12. heavylift

heavylift Senior Member

Good luck with that, I guess you need to buy a canned air horn.

13. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Had to move the 180 ton machine around on the job . Ground was nearly to mushy for it to move without the weights . They moved to set the 3rd precast elevator shaft / stair well . Only thing sticking out of the ground on this job .

P82A1053 (Small).JPG
    P82A1052 (Small).JPG
    P82A1051 (Small).JPG

14. cat3208

cat3208 Well-Known Member

:notworthyGreat pics Tiny! Thanks!

15. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

Been hired to another contractor for the last couple of weeks , hauling stuff from job to job . Nothing really to write home about :)

I did have to drag a tank last Thursday 11' 6' wide 15' 4'' tall
    P82A1156 (Small).JPG
    P82A1155 (Small).JPG
    P82A1152 (Small).JPG

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  16. Oxbow

Oxbow Senior Member

A touch heavy on the trailer axles Tiny? That's one of those tail wagging the dog loads.

17. Tiny

Tiny Senior Member

It looks worse than it was . 50 feet on 38 foot of deck . Cranes load monitor said 40,000 lbs total . Hauling oversize in Missouri you have to stay 10 mph under the posted limit and on old two lane back roads I was less than that most of the time . Permit I had was for 20,000 an axle so I was good with the law . I didn't had much on the drives but that tractor weighs in at 23,000 . Actually pulled pretty good .

I did have to steer around several stop lights because of height .

Attached Files:

18. Oxbow

Oxbow Senior Member

Ah, not so bad then. By the way, I saw pictures of the bridge in Washington on I 5 crossing the Skagit River that was hit by an oversize load. I think it was the height of the load that hit the top of the bridge. Fortunately nobody was seriously injured, but talk about a bad day. Your mention of having to dodge traffic lights reminged me of this.

19. buddy605

buddy605 Well-Known Member

Engineering tech/ survey
    006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 010.jpg 012.jpg

Not all are chane photos but of two jobs where I used cranes on the jobs Manitis cranes were for a wharf refirbishment in Lunenburg Nova Scotia. Other building is a Piling job in Halifax.

20. buddy605

buddy605 Well-Known Member

Engineering tech/ survey
    011.jpg 016.jpg 018.jpg 030.jpg 085.jpg
    More Photos of The TEME piling job in Halifax and someone is getting new cranes with Mammoet. These crane are getting loaded on a train car after getting shipped accross the Atlantic.