• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The worst tire always has the most weight on it.

Old Doug

I am going to haul a load on a trailer that hasnt been used for a while. It has one tire i got that was brand new but had sat on the rack a long time. It was low and looked like it was separating. I am going a little over 30 miles today i thought last night i would put on the spare it was low. I aired it up and put it on it has a slow leak. Because of every thing i have a small window of how long i can be gone and it will add a hour to go out of the way or i would have another tire mounted up and fix the spare. On the way back i will get a tire mounted so maybe i will be in better shape next time.

gwhammy

It's always something with trailers or least it is in my world. I hauled a loader to a job Sunday just to try to get a head, got out to the highway and when I pulled out I realized the air bags on one side hadn't filled. It was rubbing hard, you can't see the smoke for the dust so I pulled off into a large drive on the other side of the two lane that isn't used. Truck and one side of the trailer off and stuck with the trailer and loader in the road. Luckily my wife and daughter pulled up, we got it unchained and ramps down. Had to unload on highway but this loader doesn't have much cleats on it and pavement was fairly cool. A hour later after fixing the little rubber end that hooks to the leveler valve I'm loaded and back on the road. I had just used it three days before and it was ok. It's the little things that get you.

Old Doug

I got ready to leave and the tire was flat so i took it off . I took the tire and wheel that i had took last night and a good tire and had it switched . While i was waiting i walked around and saw they had some 11:00 22.5s seating out side about half tread or better off one of their trucks . I bought 2 for $50.00 . It was a win win i have all ok tires on my trailer and got 2 good cheap tires for my truck. Now i hope to use the trailer before it has another problem.