• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The usefulness of a measuring device for drills, augers, and bulldozers.

ExcaVision

I´m in need of some feedback regarding two of the features that we´re developing right now.

We design and manufacture depth monitors for excavators. We are now developing a system for drill attachments on excavators. The device will be able to show you the front, back, and lateral angle of the drill along with depth. This allows the operator to drill a hole at any angle necessary or keep the drill perfectly vertical.

The second system is having the depth monitor work with a bulldozer. The system would take it´s reference of a rotating laser and you would be able to adjust the angles of the blades accordingly inside the cab. The system will use the same sensors and also the same laser receiver as the excavator would use.

My questions:

How useful would it be for anybody with a drill or auger attachment to have a system that shows you these angles?

Would you be more likely to buy our system if you knew that you can use it on your excavator, drill attachment, and your bulldozer?[/B]

Would you be more likely to buy the complete system to use it for other applications or would you just buy the drill system?
The drill system comes with two sensor but if you add one more sensor you get a complete depth monitor system

If you think about the depth monitor and what it can do now. What would matter most to you and make you want to get the system?

If you could give me some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Please feel free to email me or post on this tread. If question come up I hope I can be able to answer them and perhaps get the chance to ask some myself.

Thank you,

Thor

tkoden

I know this is an old post, but, I have been looking for a system that will give me the angle of my dangle auger power head for some time. Ideally, it would be a digital bullseye so I could watch my X & Y angles to make sure I was drilling plumb. Currently, I rely on a person on the ground to make sure I am plumb in the direction I can't see.