• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Pipeline

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
:D He actually doesn't chew stuff up! Never has, even as a puppy! And most of the time he plays with appropriate things like his toys but has never tried to rip them up. Unless it's dirty socks, he can't resist chewing dirty socks. He's still got all but 1 of his toys since he was 8 weeks old and he's a year and a couple months now!

He just got a bath today too. He smells purdy and is all clean... for a few hours at least :rolleyes:

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
We have the weirdest dogs I've ever seen. We live on a farm so they have room to run. But we have to make them go out. One is afraid of the dark. They are well behaved mind you but strange. We introduced a kitten about 4 months ago. Here in MN in the winter all the rodents are looking for warm digs. So I trapped a wild kitten. It made friends with one of the dogs right away. They play like a couple of puppies. If the cat catches a mouse they play with it before the eat it and yes they share. The other dog acts like he doesn't like the cat but sleeps with it unless he thinks you are watching, then he growls at it.

Nothing wrong with sleeping in when you have nothing to do and no place to be. Wish I could do it. But over 20 years of first formation a 6AM has me trained. I retired from the army in 96 and still wake up early unless I stay up way late.

Anyway HEO, looking forward to reports from you next job.

Rick

HEO Girl

Occupation
Moose is edgy about going out in the dark too but is getting better. I started walking him in the dark just like I had walked him in the rain to get him used to that. He used to pee in the house when it rained because I couldn't get him to go outside, I'd literally stand there for 20 minutes and he wouldn't do a thing but stand there tail tucked and miserable. Well that wasn't working for me so he ate in the rain, we took walks in the rain, we trained in the rain, every time it rained we were out in it, when I sent him off to his training school they also did the same thing. Now he's fine with it and it's quite funny to watch him gallop around and get all excited now.

The only cat he's ever met set the ground rules quick, Moose has a little prey drive but it's not bad and I am very active about letting him know it's not a desirable behavior. Some folks may want a dog to have prey drive, I do not want any as I have ferrets and don't want them a target. Anyways, he approached the cat and attempted to put the cat in his mouth, the cat beat the crap out of him. He stayed far away from the cat after that and respected it's space, which is really what I wanted to happen.

When I'm laid off I turn into a night owl, my schedule gets all messed up, and I become a hermit :D

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Being a hermit isn't good for you. You should be hanging out with friends. I'm up late often till I get tired enough to sleep.

Animals are funny critters. You should see my cows. Every time I start the tractor they get excited. I could have put a fresh bale in yesterday but they think I'm putting another one in when all I'm going to do is blow snow.

The dogs and cats are funny. One belongs to a college age son who is also in the National Guard. His dog sulks when he's not home. The other is just a happy go lucky Odie kinda dog. The cat has decided that I'm it's pet human. My job is to feed it and let it lay on my lap while I'm at the computer or watching TV. He goes nuts and tears around the house when I'm not home. Soon as I walk in the door he settles down. Both of the dogs, who can roam the farm if they want, prefer to be in the house even in the summer.

Rick

HEO Girl

Occupation
I actually don't mind being a hermit and prefer it over going out most of the time. I play computer games and have quite a few over the internet friends. Kinda like you guys here at HEF. That's not to say I don't have real life friends too.

My dad used to tell me the same thing and get upset that I didn't go out with my friends too. He wondered why I wasn't off getting into trouble or staying out late drinking with my buddies, ect. But that's just not me, sure it's fun once in awhile. One of my hobbies is my computer, aside from my animals, and yes I consider some people I've met over the net my friends. I mean when you stick playing with someone or a group of people in a game for a few years (or talk to them on a forum) and talk to them over the net almost everyday, I'd consider that friend like. Tried to get my dad to understand but he doesn't get it, probably never will. I tried the whole "You know how you're out in the garage from the time you get home from work to the time you get to bed? It's your hobby right? You build things, work on things, fix things, ect? Ok well the computer is kinda like that for me, it's my hobby." To which I get the reply of "It's not the same friggin thing, your wasting you life away!" Although he's always telling me to do what makes me happy.... that makes me happy. I don't think I'll ever get his stubborn butt to understand, and now that I don't live with him I don't have too :D because I can live my life how I want it now and he can live his! Woohoo!

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
LOL HEO, Just as long as you are not as bad as a friend of mine. He literally has only been out of his house once sense Christmas. With him it's because he's a tight wad. If he started his truck up and drove 1/2 mile to my place it would use gas. He sit's in front of the boob tube and watch's stuff that's trying to prove the existence of big foot and aliens. I worry about that him. So when you said hermit......

Gotta be careful about some of those internet friends. Jerk setting behind that screen can be what ever they want you to think. I think most are honest but there are a few fruit loops out there.

Rick

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Gotta be careful about some of those internet friends. Jerk setting behind that screen can be what ever they want you to think. I think most are honest but there are a few fruit loops out there.

Rick

Rick, You talking about me? I'm really not some grey haired old guy, just your everyday younger and better looking version of Brad Pitt.:rolleyes:

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Rick, You talking about me? I'm really not some grey haired old guy, just your everyday younger and better looking version of Brad Pitt.:rolleyes:

Nope, yer the type that gives that type a bad name;):exactly:falldownlaugh

Rick

HEO Girl

Occupation

:D Sounds legit to me!

I seem to find the decent people on the internet. Some I've known for 9 years now. I started playing online games when I was 11 years old (Diablo 2). Had my first email at 8, Kiarakat8@aol. I was really into Lion King 2 back then :tong . I was way better at the computer than my mom, she had no idea what I was getting into on that thing. Internet safety was drilled into my head at school though, I had a fake age, fake name, random town and state I lived in, ect. that I would tell people if they asked. Funny thing was computer class was about the only one I liked and listened too!

I do get outta the house, after all the dog needs to go for walks and we train outside when it's not frigid. He's super short haired so gets cold easily even with a jacket... ok so maybe I don't like the cold either :rolleyes:... I do get some people that get interested in what I'm doing with my dog sometimes, they just can't believe I can get my dog to walk beside me with no leash and follow my every move. Anyone can if they work at it hard enough! I tell you though the best thing I ever did was send him to training school. Not only did it teach him but it taught me! Worth every penny spent. Unless your the women a few places down that thinks my dog is going to eat her children "No ma'am he won't eat your children but I might!"... friggin people.

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
LOL I still play Diablo II. Love that game.

I have a little thing I run on people about children. It's a joke but I've had more than (mostly women) one say, "you have issues, you must hate kids!!!" and I normally tell them "nope love em, slow roasted, little BBQ sauce" which makes them scream "you are sick"!:drinkup:falldownlaugh

They just have no sense of humor.

But you still need a little face to face time with humans. Even if it's just going out for a cup of coffee once or twice a week. That for your mental health. Couse yer hanging out in here with us, which means yer mental health is in serious question already:eek::crazy:falldownlaugh

Rick

HEO Girl

Occupation
I play D3 now. Can't get D2 to work on my new machine, or I'd still be playing it.

I don't like coffee! I Think doing a bit of grocery shopping is enough people time for me :tong

You know I DID read an article that said in a study they found that animals do provide the social needs us humans require ;)

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
I play D3 now. Can't get D2 to work on my new machine, or I'd still be playing it.

I don't like coffee! I Think doing a bit of grocery shopping is enough people time for me :tong

You know I DID read an article that said in a study they found that animals do provide the social needs us humans require ;)

I have a new system I7 6 core that run 2D just fine.

I think my nephew read that article too, except he took it way too far:eek::mad:

Rick

HEO Girl

Occupation
I have a new system I7 6 core that run 2D just fine.

I think my nephew read that article too, except he took it way too far:eek::mad:

Rick

It's a graphics card issue with mine as I use a dedicated graphics for my laptop and desktop. I'm sure if I tried hard enough and did some googling I could get it to work.

I get enough real people time over the months that I'm working! By the time lay off comes around I'm sick of people! Think I'll use that as my excuse :D

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Can we get back to pipeline work / experiences and leave the computer games mutts and moggies to another thread.

K I would consider you a cyber friend as I would most folks here. Now Tiny and Qball .......well they are in a league of their own......

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Can we get back to pipeline work / experiences and leave the computer games mutts and moggies to another thread.

K I would consider you a cyber friend as I would most folks here. Now Tiny and Qball .......well they are in a league of their own......

I think the pipeline is done for the time being.

Rick

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
I think the pipeline is done for the time being.

Rick

So let's remissness........ talk of lengths laid and the muck shifted with tongue and shovel......................

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Sorry stock, I'm just talking to HEO. She isn't working right now so just passing time. I don't think she really wants to know about feeding a few bales with an old farm tractor to some cows with the loader or blowing snow with it. That would be boring too. "I fed a bale today, got X number left, hope spring gets here". Now that would make ya set up and...well maybe put ya to sleep. Or blew my drive out again for the 4th time this week. Can't do much more. TLB is parked for the winter, grounds kinda hard right now. Ice on the lakes is averaging 30 plus inches. So I'm betting the frost line is between 3 and 4 feet. I'm wishing she'd go back to work. Her post over this last season were great and interesting. Ya gotta remember I'm just an old retired army fart with a love of heavy equipment who's farming and doing a little dirt work with an old TLB, it's winter, it's MN, we have snow, it's cold and all I have to do is feed and water critters and blow snow.

Not ranting or angry, jest splaining.

Rick