• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

the old 580B Question

phil4pres

Ok thanks.. first chance get will take back .. not had b long but seems like there is always something to do ..

phil4pres

She's had all my attention for bout month n half since I got it .after reading more on here than I've read since high school I've come to conclusion that mine has bout every problem I seen on here plus couple. Lol. I will post pics n what I've done so far soon as my kids show me how.. or when it will let me. Working on getting book but was wondering if there place find all name of parts. Thanks n advance. Lost carpenter

Grady

Get a parts breakdown as well as the service manual then you'll be in good shape

phil4pres

Radiator again... when first got b took radiator off n they put n vat for couple days cause was lil stopped up cause fluid was not circulating good.. n checked thermostat n it opened up on stove before water boil , did good for while ( haven't worked a lot with it maybe hour two here there) noticed small hole on inside toward motor n put bout half bottle of new stop leak . Seems even before then had fluid coming out overflow while warming up now after bout 15 minutes she blowing fluid pretty good out hole( really small) n overflow .. feels like not circulating.. should I replace thermostat n put stop leak to it again or take radiator off n get it patched?? Put 50/50 in it after got radiator back first time ... need some wisdom before aunt B gets best of me .. thanks

phil4pres

Thanks tinkerer, guy at napa said it b ok , when I was n there getting filters for it .. I've never been fan of it . I will take it back to shop n starter at same time cause they did both of them.. thanks for your help.. I need shoot dale order n stay out that place.. haha

phil4pres

IMG_0275.JPG Another question.. when I got it someone had put cuppling on metal line n it has blew off several times . The ends are not flared on either side. Do u think that would fix the problem ?

phil4pres

IMG_0490.JPG Think I read they're supposed to be a filter in this does anyone have the number think it's a 70 model 580 BCK and the motors a 188 thanks

phil4pres

IMG_0262.JPG Here's pic of her.. I know she ain't much look at but got pretty good deal in it n can use her for work also.. and long as I can keep it running I believe it will serve it purpose . Can't believe the power these ol machines have. Surprised me...

Metalman 55

Nice old machine there phil4pres. I ran the 580's of that vintage back in the early 70's. Don't think yours is as the decals say though. You have the 580 CK there I think......the 580B's were the next in line after the 580 CK that is shown in the picture........likely someone labeled it incorrectly. If I remember correctly the 580 CK was rated at about 45 hp.