1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

the old 580B Question

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by mikey1, Apr 14, 2012.

1. phil4pres

phil4pres Well-Known Member

Ok thanks.. first chance get will take back .. not had b long but seems like there is always something to do ..

2. Grady

Grady Senior Member

Get used to that. Great toys but they like attention.

3. phil4pres

She's had all my attention for bout month n half since I got it .after reading more on here than I've read since high school I've come to conclusion that mine has bout every problem I seen on here plus couple. Lol. I will post pics n what I've done so far soon as my kids show me how.. or when it will let me. Working on getting book but was wondering if there place find all name of parts. Thanks n advance. Lost carpenter

4. Grady

Grady Senior Member

Get a parts breakdown as well as the service manual then you'll be in good shape

5. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

6. phil4pres

7. phil4pres

Radiator again... when first got b took radiator off n they put n vat for couple days cause was lil stopped up cause fluid was not circulating good.. n checked thermostat n it opened up on stove before water boil , did good for while ( haven't worked a lot with it maybe hour two here there) noticed small hole on inside toward motor n put bout half bottle of new stop leak . Seems even before then had fluid coming out overflow while warming up now after bout 15 minutes she blowing fluid pretty good out hole( really small) n overflow .. feels like not circulating.. should I replace thermostat n put stop leak to it again or take radiator off n get it patched?? Put 50/50 in it after got radiator back first time ... need some wisdom before aunt B gets best of me .. thanks

8. phil4pres

Also can u upload pics from phone on here ?

9. phil4pres

Grady , tinkerer , any idea?? Need get her back to Mayberry before rain gets here..

moosefd likes this.
  10. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

I do not and would not use stop-leak. Take it to a radiator shop and have it cleaned and repaired properly. It is a sad sight to see a motor destroyed from overheating.

moosefd likes this.
  11. phil4pres

Thanks tinkerer, guy at napa said it b ok , when I was n there getting filters for it .. I've never been fan of it . I will take it back to shop n starter at same time cause they did both of them.. thanks for your help.. I need shoot dale order n stay out that place.. haha

12. phil4pres

IMG_0275.JPG Another question.. when I got it someone had put cuppling on metal line n it has blew off several times . The ends are not flared on either side. Do u think that would fix the problem ?

13. phil4pres

IMG_0490.JPG Think I read they're supposed to be a filter in this does anyone have the number think it's a 70 model 580 BCK and the motors a 188 thanks

14. sheepfoot

sheepfoot Senior Member

Your filter is a (A51463) case p/n.

15. phil4pres

Ok thanks sheepfoot,that will go on my order list ..

16. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

You will need to take one or both nuts off of that coupling and post a photo of the coupling. it could be a flared fitting or one the requires a ferrule welded to the tube. Could be either.

17. phil4pres

Ok thanks will get it

18. phil4pres

IMG_0262.JPG Here's pic of her.. I know she ain't much look at but got pretty good deal in it n can use her for work also.. and long as I can keep it running I believe it will serve it purpose . Can't believe the power these ol machines have. Surprised me...

19. phil4pres

20. Metalman 55

Metalman 55 Senior Member

Nice old machine there phil4pres. I ran the 580's of that vintage back in the early 70's. Don't think yours is as the decals say though. You have the 580 CK there I think......the 580B's were the next in line after the 580 CK that is shown in the picture........likely someone labeled it incorrectly. If I remember correctly the 580 CK was rated at about 45 hp.