• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The new bobcats

alco

So what does everybody think about the new bobcats now that pictures are starting to leak out?

Most I have seen so far have pretty strong opinions on them.

Brian

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
I would love to see them, did you see skid steers and CTL?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The skid steers and CTLS look like an engineer beat them with an ugly stick before they could release them to the public. Looks a lot like a Komatsu in my opinion.

MXZ

They look like a Gehl 7810 that drank too much coffee as a youngster and stunted it's growth, then slap on a BC boom.......Voila! M-series!

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
what do i think of them?

progress...

it seems they have a slightly shorter wheelbase than the older models, i'm curious how that will affect handling.

more flow and more power has always got to be a good thing however you get it.

not so sure i like the interior setup, it kinda looks vulnerable to me in too many ways. maybe the photos don't do it justice but I hope the designers did their homework.

the current models you 'sit' in them, it looks like the new cab makes you look like you are sitting on them. i like to be enveloped by the machine, it gives me a personal sense of not being vulnerable even if it is only my perception. for the same reason i hate cars with low cut doors and big sheets of glass.

i've seen enough broken front doors from guys dropping stuff as they lift up, if the new model shifts you further forward does that mean you'll wear even more dirt?

Digdeep

I don't like the fact that the cab glass is located on the outside of the side screens. It would be nice for cleaning but how well can you get condensation off of them on foggy humid mornings and how many will break due to getting hit by branches and things?

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
I don't like the fact that the cab glass is located on the outside of the side screens. It would be nice for cleaning but how well can you get condensation off of them on foggy humid mornings and how many will break due to getting hit by branches and things?

Very good point about the fog on the glass. How would you get it off through the screen? They better have a good explanation or I would never have one for that reason. Imagine in the morning waiting for the windows to clear before you can see to move.

tacbob

How many people have broken side windows on old models??? I don't think it will be a huge issue as toyota here in aus has run unprotected side glass on their machines and they don't seem to have many issues there.

2109 Stang

They look like a Gehl 7810 that drank too much coffee as a youngster and stunted it's growth, then slap on a BC boom.......Voila! M-series!
This machine looks more like the new Gehl/Mustang V270, the only main difference I see is the back of the lifting arms on the Bobcat it's bend upwards while on the V270 is actualy bend downwards, ofcourse theres a lot more differences than that, I like it better than any previous Bobcat model.

MXZ

How many people have broken side windows on old models??? I don't think it will be a huge issue as toyota here in aus has run unprotected side glass on their machines and they don't seem to have many issues there.

Deere has been that way for years. Never heard of any broken glass issues there. If it's a humid situation with condensation, you have one side that's covered by the mesh no matter how the machine is designed. I'd rather have the heater fan taking care of the trouble side of the glass than trying to wipe off the outside through the mesh.