• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The most entertaining "school me"thread... My 1st piece of H.E. Two 80ton Hoes

hseII

Right now I am looking for a small cheap grader to keep my driveway in shape. Something like an old Deere 570 would be perfect. However, I certainly wouldn't refuse to consider a larger machine, if one became available at a good price. I wouldn't even turn down something absurdly large like a Cat 24. I would look at it as a challenge (grading a small 2,200' driveway with a huge machine), and sort of an adventure.
Sometimes a good deal can be had on something like that, simply because most other people wouldn't even consider it, and if it is an older machine, most businesses aren't interested.
Find a Gallion 503 & put a diesel in it from an IH combine like my
Grandfather & dad did in 1992.

Cheap & a great little grader.

Clawed Backster

Find a Gallion 503 & put a diesel in it from an IH combine like my
Grandfather & dad did in 1992.

Cheap & a great little grader.
I had a pretty well worn, but good running Galion T500 about 10 years ago, but I let it go when a dude offered me quite a bit more than I had in it. Even it was quite a bit bigger than what I need, but I really should have kept it.

cfherrman

I still think this story is a little sus, the pics don't add up to the story that's told and why did he leave the counterweight off for so long and didn't answer most of the questions asked.

ebaikie

Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I just tried to find douglasco, in Douglas, CO, as I figured it'd be pretty easy to find his place, especially with 2 giant machines on the property but I didn't have any luck. 'Tis a shame, I'd also like an update.

I'm pretty sure @douglasco and @Spud_Monkey , working together, could reverse the rotation of the Earth.
Google Maps Link
Maybe?

cfherrman

Those pics don't add up to that house lot, the pics are dug really far down like 3-4 stories. Something does not add up. Doesn't really matter

ebaikie

Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm pretty confident that's it. See the matching roof in this picture of the house:DSC03336.JPG
He's got the machine on the road edge looking back into the property in this photo. Note the powerlines overhead which can be seen in Google Maps.
I can't believe I found it so easily. I just looked up Douglas County, then looked for a subdivision with 3+ acre lots on the edge of the mountains where it would look out on the flatland like he described in his post and happened to spot the shovel in the first area I looked.

aighead

Man, quite the sleuthing! I looked for generally the same thing and couldn't find it, I think that's it too!

If so he's made some progress, whatever it may be...

ebaikie

Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
How do explain the huge pit he's working in the pictures? That's not on the maps
Those pictures are from when he went to get the machines from the pit where he bought them. In the post he says they are old pictures. The skidder with the National crane boom was in the same pit.