• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Loggers Library

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
I am sure many of you already know this, but for those who don't, Seattle Red is/was the older brother of Robert Swanson that "Literary Logger" of Vancouver Island. His given name was Dan Swanson. He was one of the real "boomers," it is said that in 1926 he worked for 35 different operations from BC all the way down to California. He was still hoookin' in 1951. I have several books with Bob Swanson's writings in them and two books that are totally Bob Swanson. I guess it makes sense that his brother would write also. That is a great find.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Another good book on the history of Logging Companies operating on the South West corner of Vancouver Island from Sooke to Port Renfrew from the 1900's to the 1970's . Published by the Sooke Region Museum , Sooke B.C. scan380.jpg

hvy 1ton

Gerry was a famous climber on the CA west coast and he was also a great photographer and was able to record much of the last of the old growth operations. Do a search for his website "A Tree Story" he has all written quite a few books and has great old growth logging DVDs also.
51b4DtbmR4L_zpshogomurz.jpg

I watched this interview with him a few years ago, but had forgotten about this thread.
eta: can't get the embed to timestamp jump to 2:56