• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The job you put off

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
if you get into any more of those have some way of holding it so you can control it. those are usually more than one guy can handle. glad it didn`t git on you
Next time I am hooking onto it with jib crane of sorts, doesn't help trying to do this on a hill either.:oops:

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well the one I really need to get my butt in gear on is figuring out why the Sportster decided to puke out 90% of the trany lube on the last ride of the year!

Think I may have posted this over on the motorcycle nuts thread but sortof thought I should close it out here.

When I finally got around to it found that the trans output shaft seal had come out of the case. Not really sure why it did that but in a way it may have been for the best. See when I removed the front belt sprocket found that the splines were missing on the inside so there was a chance one good hard take off and things might have gotten bad. After doing a little research I found out the newer bikes used a sprocket with about a 1/4 inch longer spline and a different spacer and oil seal to make up the difference. Managed to score a good used sprocket and spacer for about $50. and another $85. for gaskets and seals. Now just need weather to get and stay warm and dry so we can get out for a test run once salt is washed off the roads!

Old Doug

The f600 is back in the shop. The 2 speed motor gave out and the ignition switch was getting hard to turn. I may look at the fuel gauge i have been using a stick for years. This truck is one of the best things i have ever owned i just hauled 2 loads of trash to a dump station. It saves me alot of work. Before i was thinking about a flat bed dump on a pickup that would have been handy but the F600 will haul 3 or 4 times as much bulky stuff. It gets good mileage for what it is the best $375.00 i ever spent.

Old Doug

The battery has been weak for ever and i ran it down leaving the key on so i swapped it out. I found out the the fuel gauge problem is the tank sender. I have 2 parts trucks i will see if one of them has a good unit before i buy one. I got a another welder so i was wanting it out of the shop to get the welder unloaded. IMG_20211026_074042.jpg IMG_20211026_074156.jpg

Old Doug

I never was a big fan of the 1960 /1966 ford truck body but it has grown on me. I gave $375.00 for it at a auction to use for parts for another one but it was as good or better so i fixed it up . I found a 1964 at the place i haul scrap with a bad frame. It had a rebuilt engine new brakes, wheel studs, rad and other parts. I put all the stuff from the 64 on to the 63 witch was a job because they may look alike there are not the same truck nothing bolted up. If i had time i would raise the body 1 inch because the radiator over flow hose is tight between the hood and radiator. I wanted to buy a Chevy c70 so i could have 1 truck instead of 2 witch i now have a c70 but the ford will get double the fuel milage or almost triple that the c70 gets.