• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The JLG 40F Boom Lift Dilemma

od1

Occupation
Marketing heayy equipment
I just sent 7 pictures and the serial number over to Dewayne. I mentioned your name. He sounded like he wants to help.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'd get the hoses done locally at a hose shop as well. You're going to have to obtain the plugs and caps necessary for removal of hoses.

It's possible that a number of parts for these machines are becoming obsolete, they are old machines. I usually talk to Eric or Jeremy at Best Line when I'm ordering parts. If they are able to provide you with some info, you be sure and order a few parts from them...you know, leaves a good taste in their mouth for them helping you. ;)

od1

Occupation
For sure. I'm in the service related business as well. I have some clients that just pick my brain and I can tell you in a heart beat who they are. I wouldn’t want to be on that list.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I just sent 7 pictures and the serial number over to Dewayne. I mentioned your name. He sounded like he wants to help.

Now wait a minute, you sent someone else 7 pictures...but didn't send us no pictures??? :nono

od1

Occupation
The JLG 40F

The pictures of the engine compartment will follow.

Attachments

• JLG Lift2.jpg
    JLG Lift2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,019

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Wow, that's a nice looking 40F. I haven't seen one of those things in years. Thanks for the memories. ;)

KW318

I just have to extend my gratitude to ATCO,for all of the help and assistance that he renders here, it's people like him (and the many others who contribute), that make this forum one of the best places on the net.

People helping each other every day, with no expectations of anything in return, I salute you all!

Thanks again,

ZZ

od1

Occupation
I now have the electrical diagram for the 40F 3 pages. I also will post the joysticks that were used on these machines. The quality of the wording is poor on 2 of the 4 sheets. If anyone can fill in the blanks that would be appreciated.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I now have the electrical diagram for the 40F 3 pages. I also will post the joysticks that were used on these machines. The quality of the wording is poor on 2 of the 4 sheets. If anyone can fill in the blanks that would be appreciated.

I here ya od1. Those diagrams are OLD. They've never been updated to more modern digital files like PDF. And it's been years since I've worked on one of these things, but we'll try to wiggle through it best we can.

od1

Occupation
Joysticks

Joysticks

Attachments

• 2008-11-18-1131-05.jpg
    2008-11-18-1131-05.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,733

od1

Occupation
Wiring JLG 40F Bertea

Wiring diagram for Bertea valves, Page1

Attachments

• JLG 40F wiring page 1.jpg
    JLG 40F wiring page 1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 5,554

od1

Occupation
Wiring JLG 40F Bertea

Wiring diagram for Bertea valves, Page2

Attachments

• JLG 40F wiring page 2.jpg
    JLG 40F wiring page 2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,595

od1

Occupation
Wiring JLG 40F Bertea

Wiring diagram for Bertea valves, Page3

Attachments

• JLG 40F wiring page 3.jpg
    JLG 40F wiring page 3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5,467

od1

Occupation
JLG 40F Bertea valve

JLG 40F Bertea valve

Attachments

• jlg 40f Bertea valve.jpg
    jlg 40f Bertea valve.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,699

od1

Occupation
JLG 40F Bang Bang valves

These valves are the bang bang valves.
The top is your dump valve and the lower two are steer and telescope.

Attachments

• JLG 40F valve section called bang bang.jpg
    JLG 40F valve section called bang bang.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,656

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Man, those are better diagrams than what I have! Can you e-mail me those diagrams?

od1

Occupation
If you are using a PC try this. Right click on the picture and select "Save Picture As".
Use the name provided or change it. Then save it as a JPEG file. Change the destination to "Desk Top”. I uploaded it actual size. From your desk top click to open the JPEG image. You will be able to make the diagram any size after that. I increased it to 150 percent and picked out a few things. Let me know if it worked for you. If you have any problems PM me.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If you are using a PC try this. Right click on the picture and select "Save Picture As".
Use the name provided or change it. Then save it as a JPEG file. Change the destination to "Desk Top”. I uploaded it actual size. From your desk top click to open the JPEG image. You will be able to make the diagram any size after that. I increased it to 150 percent and picked out a few things. Let me know if it worked for you. If you have any problems PM me.

Yep, I tried that. When I enlarge it things get unreadable. That's why I was wondering if you had clean copies that you could email. Emailing files give better resolution. I've got 40F schematics on my computer at work, but, they're old images, and when my work computer got updated somehow it corrupted the files so I can't change, copy, or send them. You have some clean copies there. Who provided them?

od1

Occupation
No problem. I'll send them now. Where do you want them sent? I'm on dial-up so it'll take a few minutes.