• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The JLG 40F Boom Lift Dilemma

Scooter.crew

Does anyone know a supplier to get a replacement Racine drive solenoid? The wire has broken off at the body so there is no way to splice it.

dn29626

The cylinder that lifts the main boom is leaking bad. Time for a rebuild. All hoses and top pin are removed. The bottom pin is not cooperating, got it to move about an inch and it stopped. Wow, so close and so far away. Is there something I am missing here?

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Do know what I mean when I say the lift cylinder's lower pin is secured by something that looks like a main bearing cap on an engine block?
It is. The nuts are under the chassis, 4 of them. have you undone those nuts? pounded the bolts up with a dead-blow hammer to loosen the caps?

dn29626

I will look for those 4.
The cotter pins at each end of the main pin easily removed.
Thank you OFF.

Mitzi man

Does anyone have a parts schematic for the racine proportional valve solenoid like I have in the picture for a 40F? Wondering if I'm missing any parts. Have a parts break down for a 40h that is different from what i have pictured . Put a manual valve on to test. Functions worked with another valve and able to verify that have good pressure . Pushing in the solenoid by pass pin does nothing. Have completely gone thru several times. Did find missing push pin (made one out of a drill bit) Was missing small spring and spring poppet installed backward by previous owner all in the same section. Took the solenoid to electric repair shop. they say solenoid is good. Took the valve to a hydraulic repair place where it sat for two months before they admitted to not having a clue how to test.
This leaves me with more questions than Oak Island. The questions I do have are,

1. Are any parts missing in the picture of solenoid parts?
2. Which way does the pin circled in red go in, narrow side toward the valve or wide side?
3. Is there any places anyone knows of to have them check this valve out?
4. Anyone have a lead on a working used valve?
5. If anyone has replaced this valve with another brand would love to hear from you as to how you did it and what you did for controlling the valve.

Attachments

• IMG_20231218_115435949_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231218_115435949_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • proportional soleniod.jpg
    proportional soleniod.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 40h inlet.jpg
    40h inlet.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
The picture you put up is what I would call a Racine Dump Valve.

Attachments

• racine dump.jpg
    racine dump.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 5

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Here's the part numbers to go with the diagram you posted.
I don't see a spring in yours - ref. #20
I don't see a ball - ref. #26

If that picture of the valve I posted is the same as the one you're working on, I have a new one.

Attachments

• Racine Dump parts list.jpg
    Racine Dump parts list.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 2

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
This is a solenoid valve, but the parts are quite similar. Might help

Attachments

• Racine Solenoid.jpg
    Racine Solenoid.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 5