• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The giant

JD955SC

The gas shortage. Unless what I'm reading is all made up? Sounded like the east coast was pretty much out of gas?

we were briefly. The pipeline going down was a fairly big deal but the situation wasn’t out of control until the reporters (who I hope burn in hell) decided to stir up a panic. Note the pipeline had gotten shut down several days earlier but it wasn’t until last Sunday afternoon that they really started stoking the fires of fear and everybody and their cousin started filling every vehicle and possible container with gasoline in a massive freak out which of course emptied everything that would have probably lasted until midweek when the pipeline came back online.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
I've read that in New England the shortage is because of a lack of fuel tanker drivers. Some got laid off and never came back, fewer graduating from a truck driver school because schools were shut.... make up your own excuse LOL

AzIron

Our fuel market here was down to a few hours supply for a few days during the texas freeze a few months ago media never peeped about local supply or shortage so the system recovered without issue pretty rapidly

People would be blown away how short supply is when the pipeline goes down there was a simalar story here about 15 20 years ago with a pipeline leak shut down the pipeline for 2 weeks and the world ended

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I forget, what does and elephant look like?