• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The driest start

nextdoor

Occupation
Farming and playing in the dirt
Well we got a huge 5mm. Its enough to drive a man to drink! I will do one more paddock of 450 acres and then might call it quits for the year. With how cold it was here today I would not have minded not going to work - maybe I should have come and joined you Squizzy..... Cheers.

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
Saw onTV last night Dorrigo is about 50 k as the crow flies from here, has had about 2.3m this year so I guess we have had about 2m so one has to frequent the drink bottle global warming is to blame so the experts say

thejdman04

We got about 3" in 20 min friday. We had water over the road pretty much all weekend. We have water standing in places this year that I have never seen water in. Most fields have many lakes in them. We got some bad hail and wind with this last storm, any corn that was decent height sheared off. For once that wet spring and late start was a good thing, the smaller corn seemed to stand up to the wind better.

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
Worked last week had to finish Wednesday lunch time because of rain, rained since, barely averaged 2 weekswor kin a row for last 10 months Time to go back to bulk pushing in the desert I think

North Texan

I take a drought over the flooding that we had last year.

Not me. When it floods, the cows can stick to the high country for a little while. Floods don't last all that long, and every day after a flood, things only get better.

When drought hits, there's nowhere to go. The grass dies or burns, the water holes dry up, and each day the situation just gets drier and more desperate than the day before.

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
It mighty dry here in central Texas.Wouldn`t take much to burn the whole country down around here.

Cretebaby

We just got another 2'' in 24 hours on Tuesday.

We have had plenty of rain what we really need is HEAT.

joeallen

Occupation
Looking layed off after 10 years
our corn here in ohio is chest tall.... We had rain all week

joeallen

Occupation
Looking layed off after 10 years
its great, we had one of the best growing season in a long time.....

Cretebaby

its great, we had one of the best growing season in a long time.....

Has it tasseled yet?

Ours was about 7'-8' tall about 2 weeks ago and has tasseled for the most part know so it should be about a foot taller know.

Cretebaby

Who needed rain?

We have some to spare.

We just got ~1.7" in ~20 minutes, along with tornadoes, high wind, flooding and literally the ice on the cake. Ping pong ball size hail.:Banghead

North Texan

I've had plenty of hail, high winds, and tornadoes for the year. Unfortunately, the storms just brought bad weather, not rain.

I'm about to have to start dusting the catfish for fleas.

Cretebaby

Here are some before and after pictures of the hail damage to the soybeans.:Banghead

The hail in the area of that pictur was tennis ball size!!!!

Attachments

• P1010410RS.jpg
    P1010410RS.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 127
  • P1010431RS.jpg
    P1010431RS.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

jzimm

Here in Minnesota, it's been dry all summer, but we've gotten a few good rains in the last week or so. Luckily along with being dry, it's been cool. I just hope for a late frost so things can catch up.