1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Th580b wireless remote

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by HATCHEQUIP, Oct 7, 2013.

1. HATCHEQUIP

HATCHEQUIP Senior Member

cat th580b 001.jpg cat th580b 002.jpg installed wireless remote on telehandler

DB2 likes this.
  2. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

can i ask why? i have seen these systems before but i never found the reason for them

3. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    I'm really attracted to machine that have wireless remote. It's pretty cool.

4. HATCHEQUIP

HATCHEQUIP Senior Member

we've done several on boom trucks that we put man baskets on but this is the fist one we put on forklift. it gets man basket also and they use it for working in underground mine

5. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

Did that machine have electric over hydraulic valves? Or pilot controls? Who made that remote control system?

The reason for all these questions is that I am planning to put remotes on my big rollback, which has simple spool valves now.

Thanks, Mitch

6. HATCHEQUIP

HATCHEQUIP Senior Member

The remotes on the forklift are electric over hyd. and were supposed to be plug and play but took a little more plugging and playing with cat et and sis because of it being a newer unit working with the manufacturer on that to make changes on future changes but got it all worked out now and everythings ok. The boom trucks use electric actuators that tie into the valve linkage to push and pull them and could be adapted to most valves but the linkage cant have much slop because it needs to return back close to the same neutral position everytime or it causes codes and will cut off PM me and Ill get you a info on how many functions you want to work.

7. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

i been around a couple of wreckers that had wireless remotes that used solenoids. I don't think i would be comfortable in basket with those things calling the show.

jerky and unreliable would be the nicest things i could say about them.

i did run a national boom truck with fully proportionate wireless controls that was SMOOOOTH as silk but it was a factory integrated option from national. I still worried about them though

8. HATCHEQUIP

HATCHEQUIP Senior Member

These are proportionate with throttle control and you can adjust all the functions individualy as far as percentage of max actuator travel like boom down or hoist down doesnt need as much power as up so you can really fine tune these just how you want them.

9. michaeldmck

michaeldmck New Member

Hey hatchequip, I found your post by searching online for telehandler with remote boom control. Im getting ready to buy a new telehandler and want one with remote boom control. According to the dealers I've talked to, Gehl stopped offering this as an option recently and they were the only manufacturer that offered it. The only option that leaves with is to have it installed aftermarket. Do you still install these? I don't currently have a telehandler but plan on purchasing soon. Can you install on most brands?

10. HATCHEQUIP

HATCHEQUIP Senior Member

Would need to have mod. and s/n's to check with manufacturer.

11. HATCHEQUIP

HATCHEQUIP Senior Member

Also welcome to the site