• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Testing Starting a Post/Thread

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
OK, that answers that. If no one replies to my post it does not show up as a new post for me and I have to instead go to "recent posts" to see it.

Would be nice if there was a setting to let me see my post as a "new post".

kshansen

Occupation
Tis is a test of uploading a PDF file.

Attachments

• GMG00694 - Analyzing Cyl...pdf
    868 KB · Views: 6

kshansen

Occupation
If anyone is interested that PDF file in the above post is one from Cat on methods of checking cylinder condition on an engine using leak down type test and includes part numbers for various adapters to do the test. These can also be used for actual compression tests on some engines but Cat does not really give any information on that.

I think most of this is for the older Pre-Chamber engines.

Blacksmith barn

Just bought this 1956 3rd. Gen. HA Payloader and am in the process of restoring the brakes and a few other details. I found out today that the brake wheel cylinders on mine are from a 1947 Ford 1 ton front wheel. The master brake cylinder is also from a 1947 Ford. G'day.

kshansen

Occupation
Blacksmith barn,

If you have questions about your machine try to find a topic that somewhat fits what it is. No problem posting here but this section if for testing sending messages and might not get too much attention.

I only notice it because you were attaching a reply to an old test post of mine from 2012!

If you need help feel free to reply here or do the "Start A Conversation" thing. To do that just click on my name over to the left where my old truck picture is and it will open up a box with the "Start A Conversation" option in it. That will send a message to just me.

PS Like the neat old Payloader!