• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Testing infrared remote controllers

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
For those who occasionally work on something that has an infrared remote controller and you just want to do a quick check to see if the controller is working. You can't see it with your eyes, but simply whip out your cell phone and turn on the camera. You don't have to snap a pic or video, just hold your camera lens in front of the infrared eye and activate the controller, you'll then see the flashes of the eye. Helps to be in dim areas, you can't see it real well in bright sunlight, but you can quickly confirm the controller is actually working. I've used this trick to test infrared remote controllers for trench compactors. Infrared screen shot 2.png

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'd kinda actually forgot about this trick alrman. Just happened to purchase a ceramic heater from Wally World today and it came with a remote controller, that's when I recalled this little camera trick. :)

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I'd kinda actually forgot about this trick alrman. Just happened to purchase a ceramic heater from Wally World today and it came with a remote controller, that's when I recalled this little camera trick. :)
I have been doing it that way for a long time working on trench rollers .Very useful in the field or shop.