• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TESTA wrecks in Hartford, CT

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
I spent the good part of May and June documenting Testa Corp. demolishing the old Massachusetts Mutual Insurance Building owned by The Hartford.

The historically significant entry building was saved while the rest of the 500,000 square feet was taken to the ground.

Over the next few days I will post parts of the demolition process including uploading a new video with footage shot inside the cab of the 1250.

The equipment onsite included a 15 year old refurbished Komatsu 1100, two CAT 345's and
a brand new Komatsu 1250PC with Jewell demolition conversion package installed.

192b7de2.jpg

f2d194d1.jpg

20eeb32e.jpg

384df455.jpg

7b759ef2.jpg

Eric

I find those demo excavators facinating. Great pictures! That excavator with the adjustable cab, or what ever the proper name for it is, that thing is awsome!!! I would love to run that. I can't tell you how many times that set up would have made my life ssoooo much easier!! Not to mention the pains in the neck that could have been avoided. Thanks for sharing those photos!!

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Testa's Jewell Tilt Lift Cab

I find those demo excavators fascinating. Great pictures! That excavator with the adjustable cab, or what ever the proper name for it is, that thing is awesome!!! I would love to run that. I can't tell you how many times that set up would have made my life ssoooo much easier!! Not to mention the pains in the neck that could have been avoided. Thanks for sharing those photos!!

That is Jewell's Hydraulic Tilt and Lift System with their Demo Guarding Package.

Jewell Attachments Trade Show Promo

Here are some close ups...

SetteDucati-0907.jpg

SetteDucati-0916.jpg

SetteDucati-0913.jpg

Eric

Thank you!! That is so cool. That's the kind of technology that I get excited about... finally something practical.

Wolf

Testa ROCKS! Those are awesome pictures. Looks like a cool looking building. At least they saved the entry way. I guess the rest of the building wasn't worth keeping, although it all looks pretty cool and historic.

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Is this project still going on ??

As of last week all the buildings on site are on the ground.
They are now processing structural steel, rebar and non ferrous metals.

In the coming weeks they will be digging out sub basements and crushing concrete and brick.

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Testa ROCKS! Those are awesome pictures. Looks like a cool looking building. At least they saved the entry way. I guess the rest of the building wasn't worth keeping, although it all looks pretty cool and historic.

It was perhaps the most beautiful building I have ever seen wrecked.
The details were amazing. The slate on the roof was 24 inches square by an inch thick, imagine that.

Anyway, here are a few more shots.
This was the day the unlettered 1250PC decided to take down the elevator equipment room.
This guy is an artist in all senses of the word.

ad7be528.jpg

046ab2f0.jpg

5de8d39a.jpg

a8a64c22.jpg

033a89d2.jpg

Wolf

It was perhaps the most beautiful building I have ever seen wrecked.
The details were amazing. The slate on the roof was 24 inches square by an inch thick, imagine that.

]

Why do you think they did not save that building? So sad.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Great pics Steve! Do you work for Testa? How long is the project going on for? I'm a 20 minute ride down 84 from there so maybe I'll convince dad to stop by next time we're through there.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
About a month ago I finally convinced dad to take a detour through Hartford on the way back from work...we found it!

Attachments

• equipment1 049.jpg
    equipment1 049.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 723
  • equipment1 047.jpg
    equipment1 047.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 715
  • equipment1 048.jpg
    equipment1 048.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 696
  • equipment1 050.jpg
    equipment1 050.jpg