• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Testa demo job in New Haven,CT??

mcc1075

Occupation
foreman/ operator/ truck driver/laborer/what ever
I was in New Haven, Ct yesterday, and I noticed a Testa 345 at an old power plant on East Street by the Grand Avenue bridge, anybody out there have any info on a possible demo job being done there.

That is a very busy construction area right now. Middlesex corp and Cianbro have a joint venture building a new I-95 bridge. Walsh Construction is lumped in that job somehow also. Waters Construction is also working in that area doing a large job.

Wolf

Did you figure out what the job is? I hear Testa is doing alot of work in NYC right now too, and bidding on Yankee Stadium job.

mcc1075

Occupation
Hey Wolf, sorry for the delay in writing. But to answer your question I have not been able to find out anymore info on a Testa job in New Haven. I did however see that Brandenburg is doing a job at JFK airport in Queens, it looks like they are demoing an old terminal building, I drove by there this afternoon, as for Yankee stadium, I dont know who is going to be doing that job. I have a friend who has a scrap yard in the Bronx, he has been doing alot of work with Testa on there NYC projects, I will ask him if he knows anything.

mcc1075

Occupation
Well, I was in New Haven today, and I just happened to have a camera. I figured you guys might enjoy some Testa pics. Hope you all them.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,039
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,318
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,302
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,317
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,355

mcc1075

Occupation
These are rest of the pics I had time to take. I couldn't stay to long, I had a meeting to attend. The last set of pics, they are loading a 345 counterweight on the trailer, and to my delight, I came upon the trailer heading westbound on I-95.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,286
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,309
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,297
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,591
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,287
Last edited:

Wolf

What is it that Testa is wrecking in New Haven? Is it the building with the water tower that Stephen got great shots when they pulled down the tower.

Nice pictures you are taking too, mc1075. Keep up the great shots. Always interesting to see these pictures posted by all!

mcc1075

Occupation
It is the same job site that SSD photography took the video of the water tower being pulled down. The site was the old Simkins Industries factory. I believe at one time they made paper products there. Thank you for the compliments on the pics, my wife left her little Canon Powershot in my truck, and it worked out perfectly.

D5G

post away, sir! I'm sure everyone here would love to see your work. In case you guys don't know, EarthRockHill does exclusive photography for TESTA. He has lots of great pics to share.

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
It is the same job site that SSD photography took the video of the water tower being pulled down. The site was the old Simkins Industries factory. I believe at one time they made paper products there. Thank you for the compliments on the pics, my wife left her little Canon Powershot in my truck, and it worked out perfectly.

Thats me...... SSD ( Stephen SetteDucati)...
Those Canon Powershots are pretty awesome little cameras.
I highly recommend them to everyone that asks 'what camera should I get?'

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
What is it that Testa is wrecking in New Haven? Is it the building with the water tower that Stephen got great shots when they pulled down the tower.

Here is the sequence of the Water Tower Pull down.....
196eeb04.jpg

76442f0d.jpg

6725d197.jpg

ecdf7274.jpg

31c807f3.jpg

mcc1075

Occupation
Hey Stephen, are you ever going to publish a book of all of your different construction photos you have taken??

Wolf

Hey Stephen, are you ever going to publish a book of all of your different construction photos you have taken??

I understand that he has published a book about the big dig in Boston. Check it out. The photos are so awesome.