1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Test testing

Discussion in 'Test Forum' started by Tiny, Jan 24, 2017.

1. td25c

td25c Senior Member

We slipped in over Labor Day weekend & pulled the job off . Used the 1974 GMC with a heater .

Got the valve bank in place .

Thanks for the help & you cats lay low for awhile until this pipe cools off .

100_4505.JPG

2. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    You have to use a mirror to get 'er done?

3. td25c

td25c Senior Member

Had to use a mirror on two joints .:)

The dyslexic lefthanded affliction helped out welding ass backwards .:D

Filled the system today to check for leaks . All dry and shut the valves off going to the other section of the building & opened the bypass .

Water meter needle stopped turning . We isolated that side & confirmed the leak is under the concrete in that section of the building like suspected .

4. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    I have welded a few irrigation joints with a good groove by the braille method and not a single seep. The designers have a tendency to put joints right down on the concrete, or in a spot up against a pad going onto the ground. I've gotten good at taking out a foot at one end and putting it back in the other end to make stuff work.

td25c likes this.
  5. td25c

td25c Senior Member

I've noticed that as well ……

Looks good on paper ! :D

100_4509.JPG

We first looked at some mechanical couplers but there was simply no room up there .

Went with slip on weld flanges & fired up the heater . Hand me the mirror . LOL :D