• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terramodel Template Help

longbow

Hi all,

I was hoping to pick some brains here. We've been using Terramodel for data prep for about 5 years now and mainly just for smaller, 2 lane roads/entrances/simple'ish road jobs and we're pretty comfortable with the templating interface for finish grade designs. We've come up on a situation where we have a 4 lane, split highway of which we mostly have the templates all designed, but there's a problem with the median.

With the current way we have this setup, the horizontal alignment sits at the center of the median, which is essentially a V ditch with 6:1 slopes going up, so everything is designed left or right of this hal/centerline. The grade points for this, however, exist at edge of metal and to counter this we've used a vertical offset on the profile. (It's possible we may just need to copy horizontal alignments and give them an offset to make this work, but we're hoping we can make it work with just the val offset.)

The problem is that when this template goes through a super, the ditch sides need to stay the same width (from c/l to break) but the slope needs to change to accommodate the super and we just can't figure out how to do it, though we feel that there should be a way to make it work.

If anyone could give some help on this, I would be much appreciative. I certainly can post screen shots / post the typicals / etc.

Thanks!