• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terramac equipment

bdog1234

I am needing a new or newer crawler dump. Currently have an IHI and have used a Morooka. In my research I came across Terramac but know nothing about them. Wondering if anyone is familiar with them. I like they are made in the US. MY IHI needs parts and they have to come from Japan.

Our crawler on gets used 10-15 days a month but when we use it the thing is critical to our operation. I need something reliable and parts readily available.

lantraxco

Old post, but I'll throw some light on it if I can. Terramac is headquartered in Chicago but manufactured in Canada, unless there's been a change since last I checked on it. Tied into the Rig Source organization. There is also Rayco in Ohio which is now part of Morbark. Some of the newer models of Morooka are being built in Virginia. Superior Manufacturing is a US based company, but I do not know where they build their carriers. Bergmann and Prinoth are also available, Europe and Canada respectively, and I suppose others. Hell, if you need something special and have more money than sense, I'll whip something out for you, we've done it before. Morooka will have some aftermarket support due to population, but typically are not good at stocking everything even for newer machines.

bdog1234

Thanks for the reply(ies). We were going to swap the 5.9 but the shop and parts availability didn’t jive with the timeline we needed it in. We traded in our busted up IHI and purchased a Prinoth Panther T6. So far we love it. Nearly 50% more HP, Cat engine, much better undercarriage design, etc. I love the new machine.