• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TX55-19.... Feedback?

Stevenbrla

At the risk of duplicating my previous thread...

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a TX55-19, and would like any feedback from anyone who owns or has used this machine. Good points, bad points?

I really only have one primary need: To load pallets of grass sod onto open trailers (that people usually carry tractors or other utility things) that have rails around the sides, (so a typical forklift doesn't have enough reach). (So about 2000 pounds, reaching straight out to about 12-14'.)

We'll be using it at our store, which has a relatively small lot, so a smaller machine is a plus.

Feedback appreciated.

Stevenbrla

Here's a link for the spec sheet.... maybe some feedback on it's engine and other features?

http://www.rentrain.com/library_files/889.pdf

One thing I noticed was it's three steering modes: 2 wheel, 4 wheel coordinated, and 4 wheel crab. Not sure what that means...

I guess in general, on diesels and everything else, a turbo basically boosts the horsepower... I noticed this one is naturally aspirated. One less thing to break I guess...

laketreefarm

Occupation
Owner
Try a TracMax

The TraxMax has a extendable fork and is made for the sod industry. Tested one this spring and this machine was a power lifter. Forks extended 3-4' and side shift too. made to be rear truck mounted as well.

Stevenbrla

Thanks laketreefarm... I have a Navigator and a Donkey forklift, both extend about 3 feet... (and are truckmount)

I have residential customers, and landscapers that drive up pulling 10'-20' trailers, and want to purchase 1-3 pallets of sod, and I need to get the pallet at least to their axle(s), and sometimes further in (for multiple pallets)... and occasionally they even have unremovable ramps on the back.... so I need to reach 5'-11' up into their trailer...

Stevenbrla

potential purchase pics

I would like to post some pics that a potential seller has sent me, but seems like the file is too large to let me post...

and I'm not smart enough to make it smaller.

If you'd care to take a look for my novice self, I'd love to forward you the email to take a look at the pics..... they're in pdf form.

thanks for your consideration....

Steve