• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TTS14?

mog5858

what are you looking for to buy one or just want pic/info? I was the one that posted the dual bowl one in Canada. they are not factory ones the owner built them in the early 2000's I do believe. I would say similar to the ones done back in the 60's but not the same. I sure he was just running an air throttle with an on /off for the back engine.

Questionable wizard

what are you looking for to buy one or just want pic/info? I was the one that posted the dual bowl one in Canada. they are not factory ones the owner built them in the early 2000's I do believe. I would say similar to the ones done back in the 60's but not the same. I sure he was just running an air throttle with an on /off for the back engine.
I have interest in the older equipment. Just a hobby as I work on the newer stuff everyday. Not much information on the old equipment anymore. You see the tandem pull scrapers today. Tandem powered units seem like a good idea if you can manage the problems. Powered axles in soft ground are the way to go! Sometime I'd like to nose around the A-G-E yard in Ft Pierre. Google maps shows four sitting there. My wife would be disgusted if we had to stop to look on vacation!

mog5858

I think you will find the dual bow at AGE to be 24 not 14's there were pics of them floating around somewhere of them. that too is on my list of places to go see.

mekon

My wife would be disgusted if we had to stop to look on vacation!
It was 2012 when I was working on the road and was through that area.I would like to do a road trip and stop by the AGE yard then head north to North Dakota and view the coal mine equipment and some stops at the silo bunkers.A night or two at the Riverdale High Lodge on the pass through would also be in order just for old times sake.The little woman may not think that is a very good itinerary tho.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals

I seem to remember that my Euclid History book does show some factory double bowls and I believe at least one triple bowl. May or may not have gone into production. They built a lot of non or very low production machines. I will have to dig the book out and see what I can find.

Questionable wizard

I seem to remember that my Euclid History book does show some factory double bowls and I believe at least one triple bowl. May or may not have gone into production. They built a lot of non or very low production machines. I will have to dig the book out and see what I can find.
Which history book are you referring to? I need to get one.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
That is a good book with a lot more interesting things in it for anyone interested.
I have Eric's Euclid/Terex history. It includes the Terex versions too and explains the split that created Terex (GM) and Euclid (sold off to White Motor corp.) in 1969. Whole lot of political skullduggery there under the guise of "antitrust laws".
I think it was mostly the fact that Caterpillar was getting scared of Euclid/GM. What do I know?...

Blocker in MS

The boss lady ordered that version for me last night. I am looking forward to get it here. Now if I could a reasonable copy of the book “Payhauler” I would be tickled!

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I think you will find the dual bow at AGE to be 24 not 14's there were pics of them floating around somewhere of them. that too is on my list of places to go see.

Let me know when you go. I'll meet you there somewhere.

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
In those books Ken Harris is mentioned quite a bit. The old man at AGE and him were good friends. The TTS24's they have are harris built among others.
16797531_10210743815424050_4152002551606504188_o.jpg

I agree with the post above about green being a very formidable competitor against the big yellow. Very innovating.