1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Terex TTS14?

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by Questionable wizard, Dec 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Questionable wizard

Questionable wizard Well-Known Member

Anyone know where one might be sitting in the continental US? Back lot, fence row, etc. Would like to see one. Saw the post earlier this year of the ones in Canada.

2. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Know there are Euc Terex pans in KS not certain of Series though. Saw some working at Hayes two years back.

Ronsii likes this.
  3. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

there was a job just finished 5 miles from me using terex pans. if their still on the job site tomorrow i`ll get a few pics. not sure if their the tts you`re lookingfor

DMiller likes this.
  4. Questionable wizard

Questionable wizard Well-Known Member

twin bowl TS14 2 (Medium).JPG The TTS14 were a tandem bowl 14. Big arch hitch on the second bowl that attached above the first scraper axle. Three engines total.

Attached Files:

mikebramel likes this.
  5. traxcavator

traxcavator Member

There was one posted on YouTube a while back, I believe it was in Missouri.

old-iron-habit, pushbroom and DMiller like this.
  6. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

okay I did`nt pick up on the tandem bowls the ones near me are not tandems but pretty good lookin machines

nicky 68a and DMiller like this.
  7. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    OH Nadler worked for a concern that ran Tandem 14s in St. Charles county, they are all gone as that company went OOB when the old hands dried up and retired. Machines were sold at auction and disappeared.

Ronsii and pushbroom like this.
  8. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Found it in my old records, NORVEL, been gone now about fifteen years.

Ronsii and pushbroom like this.
  9. sanchez04

sanchez04 Member

traxcavator, thanks for sharing.

DMiller likes this.
  10. mekon

mekon Active Member

There may be one or some in the AGE Corporation yard in Ft Pierre South Dakota.Its been many years since I have been by that way but there used to be a lot of older green iron behind the fence.It was really a sight for me to see the collection.Try a Google Earth view to see if you can spot some.

DMiller likes this.
  11. mekon

mekon Active Member

A picture from AGE Corporation website.They look like a pretty interesting outfit to work for.I kind of wish I lived closer. Screenshot_2019-12-18-09-42-38.png

12. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    That is quite the mishmash of parts and components there. Looks like a 43LOT series tractor, with a pair of older short bowl TS-24 scrapers that would be early 60's units but wouldn't have the power aprons. But... the rear planetaries look like early TS-18's, which could be correct, Euclid just sideboarded the TS-18 to make the first 24's but they had cable aprons. o_O
    I don't recall that the Twin bowl 24 was available from Euclid but I think they offered some conversion kits from the factory to keep up with Ken Harris.
    N.A. Degerstrom in Spokane Wa. had a big fleet of custom built TTS-24's in the 70's. I've run a few of their ex machines for others and even owned one of their old ones. A 43LOT tractor with a 12v71 and a long bowl scraper with a 6-71 inline. 32SH series ? I think, anyways it was never a twin unit but had the pad eyes for a push-pull hitch.
    Got to run one that had the ball in front of the rear engine and still had the air controls for the rear scraper, looked like a handful to operate.

Mother Deuce, DMiller, mekon and 2 others like this.
  13. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Pans in general were a Handful to operate, add a third engine and a second bowl, that encompasses EVERY Limb to operate!!

Ronsii, Mother Deuce and Tinkerer like this.
  14. bam1968

bam1968 Senior Member

Excavating Contractor
    This is prob a dumb question but going to ask anyway. Was there a 3rd throttle pedal for the third engine or was it incorporated with the middle engine by using the second pedal to run both engines? I would assume it would be the latter since trying to run 3 pedals with 2 feet could get a little confusing to say the least at times.

DMiller likes this.
  15. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Most of these had been converted to Air Control throttles, all common.

Ronsii likes this.
  16. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Pretty sure both rear engines were on the same pedal. On the regular TS-24's it wasn't hard to run both pedals with one foot if you had some practice, I plumbed mine with a flipper valve that overrode the pedal and put the rear engine to full speed when I was loading. Then that leads to tire spinning in sand and loose material, so I used an Eaton 2 speed switch to shift the rear trans to second gear loading, still have the push without the spin.

DMiller and DB2 like this.
  17. wnydirtguy

wnydirtguy Well-Known Member

We had one Terex pan the had the TTS-14 label on it. Sadly when we got it the hitch and 2nd pan here gone.

DMiller likes this.
  18. wnydirtguy

wnydirtguy Well-Known Member

Mother Deuce and DMiller like this.
  19. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Thing just sounds angry...

DB2 and DMiller like this.
  20. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Like to roll in to the Easton scale with that! o_Oo_Oo_O:eek: <<< faces looking out scale shack windows!

mekon and DMiller like this.