1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TS24D?

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by Questionable wizard, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Questionable wizard

Questionable wizard Member

I find service and parts literature on Ebay. Says they had Detroit 60 series. I didn't know a Detroit 60 had enough ponies for the tractor end.
    Were these ever built? What kind of numbers? Did they use the old air shift technology, or did they upgrade to the electronic/CAN bus like the TS14G's?
    (I can't say the CAN bus/wiring on the G's was an upgrade. Blessed with a Bell 4206 of the same vintage with the same problematic/reliability wiring issues as the TS14G)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Never have seen a TS 24D, cant really find any info on them. I think they were only built in the Scotland plant. As far as the series 60 power, they have plenty, The TS 24s with a 12V71 had 475 HP up front and 470 out of a series 60 was no problem at all. As far as transmission controls... Why cant they just leave the old manual electric controls alone?