• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TB44 - Information

sndyknght

I have a fairly nasty situation. My TB44 manlift was parked on a site waiting for construction to begin in a location quite far from where I live. The boom was stored in an up position. Someone decided to cut the hydraulic line that supplies hydraulic oil to the boom lift cylinder. Unfortunately some oil leaked out an ran into a storm drain. The local authorities are claiming that I dumped 38 gallons of hydraulic oil into the storm drain. I contend that given the check valves and the fact that the boom was still elevated the most that could have leaked from the lift was whatever was on the lift side of the cylinder and some oil from the hydraulic line.

Would anyone know two things:
1) If there is a high definition document that lays out the hydraulic system of a TB44? I have a pdf but the quality is really bad so I am not able to zoom into the image at all. The Terex Document number that I have is MK212610
2) I would like to find out the oil capacity of the boom lift cylinder please.

Thanks in anticipation!
Sandy

Midnightmoon

No oil will come out of the cylinder. The holding valves ar at the cylinder. The only oil would com from the line. Best to direct them to the bobcat dealer to confirm or get a letter from a dealer.

If this is vandalism that's not on you. What's your insurance say?

In hindsight I quess parking machines close to storm drain isn't a good idea