• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

terex tb42 oscillating front axle

Igknotts

I can not get the front axle to unlock. I have extended the boom and lifted past 15 deg, then retracted the boom fully then lowered to the ground per the manual and I can not get the axle to unlock. The machine is currently sitting on level ground with front left wheel 1 inch off the ground. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated.

Chris

lantraxco

Check the two proximity switches, one for boom down, the other for retract. There should be a single coil solenoid valve in the main stack that controls this, I *think* it can be swapped with the high speed solenoid coil and valve for testing. Check for voltage to the coil I think they're both on the far end of the stack from where the hoses attach. Got pictures? Could be a switch, fuse, relay, broken wire, bad solenoid coil, etc....