• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TEREX TA64 Knuckle Boom Lift

Clayin

I've been scouring the internet looking for a service/shop manual for this 1996 lift. All I can find is the parts and owner's manuals. Seems to be very limited results for this model.

Does anyone know if this lift has a direct parallel to another brand/name like SIMON or GENIE that I could look into instead? I'm mainly interested in the wiring schematics, but if I could get my hands on a full manual that would be nice too.

Txhayseed

Try calling genie tech support since they are now owned by terex maybe they can help you out. You should be able to relate it back to genie. They are almost rebranded units

Clayin

Thanks. I had the same thought and sent genie support an email yesterday, waiting for a response.
Thinking about calling a few rental/dealers too. Figured I might get lucky on a forum like this, a lot of knowledge in one spot.

telwood

I just bought a 2001 TB42 and must have spent 5-6 hours searching online. Genie site had most of the manuals and other sites had bits and pieces of info. I had some problems and found other information from the control manufacturer...and ultimately fix it and learned lots about how they operate.

That thread is here somewhere referencing Terex 42.

Clayin

Thanks for that, telwood.
I spoke to a few rental service departments and all they could find was the operator's manual for the TEREX TA64. Genie said they didn't even have a record of a TEREX TA64 (Only a TA30). One guy who has been working on lifts for a long time offered to bring in some old paper documents he had kicking around. He didn't have what I needed but after chatting a bit and looking at pictures he said it must have been a Marklift model due to the axel type and the use of "OEM Controls" multiplexers.

Armed with that info I dod more Googling and finally figured out that this lift was originally a "Marklift CH64KB"

Here's a link to the Operator Manual from Genie's site: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Operators/English/TerexAerials/Marklift/17317.pdf

Unfortunately, Genie also doesn't have the service manual on there. The closest one is for the CH30KBN which doesn't have the jib and has a very different ariel control setup (same as the TEREX TA30). I'm gonna return the docs I borrowed from that service guy next week and while I'm there ask if they can see if there's anything in the computer under the Marklift model that doesn't show up on the website. If there is I'll update here.

Thanks for the help. To pay it forward I'll leave links to the "Terex Aerials" Service & Operators section of Genie's site since it can be tricky to find.

Terex Aerials includes TEREX, Marklift, & Simon brands...
Operators Manuals: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Operators/engomterexaerialsINDEX.htm
Parts & Service Manuals: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/1IndexTerexAerialsService.htm

telwood

If you find your problem is with OEM controls I called them in Connecticut and got straight answers with documentation on their controls. My problem was with their equipment and the guy I spoke to knew all about boom lifts and all the components. The documentation he sent explained all about the controls between the bucket and multiplexers. Also there is a firm that rebuilds the multiplexers at a fraction of new

Txhayseed

Great info telwood... I remember the old Simmons and browns from back when I first started working on boom lifts. I however didn’t know terex was in the aerial business that far back. Other than boom trucks etc. Really good research and info to know.