1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Terex TA40 symbol on dashboard

Discussion in 'Off Road Haul Trucks' started by Brian Bobb, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Brian Bobb

Brian Bobb Well-Known Member

Anyone knows what this symbol is and how to diagnose it? It is always on the dashboard.

Attached Files:

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    mg2361 and Diesel Dave like this.
  3. Brian Bobb

4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Possibly. It’s also possible that you could have a wiring harness fault.

5. Brian Bobb

It was the harness. Do you know where I can get the service/repair manual for this machine?

6. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Glad you found the problem and sorry I have no idea where you could get a manual.

7. Brian Bobb

That symbol came on today. What does that one mean?

Attached Files:

8. Brian Bobb

Thanks to you for letting me know what the symbol was I was able to. Oh alright. I will keep on searching for it.

9. Nige

Nige Senior Member

If you use this link it takes you to all the symbols and you can figure it out for yourself. You need to scroll down and click the "Show All" button to get the full list. The one for the hydraulic oil level was a fair way down the list IIRC.
    The 2nd one appears to be some sort of restricted flow. the rectangular "tank" symbol indicates that it is something to do with the hydraulic system.

https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:pub:PUB400001:en

Try this link for a manual - https://www.manualslib.com/products/Terex-Ta30-11279093.html

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  10. Brian Bobb

I did scrolled all the way down but it doesn't have that symbol. Yes, there was a restriction because it was not moving. It started to move when we left it for a while. Thanks. I will check the manual link out.

11. Nige

Nige Senior Member

I looked at the ISO 7000 list as well (more than once) and couldn't find it which is strange because I was under the impression all manufacturers were obliged to use those symbols and nothing else.