• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TA30 will not go into gear

Jcantu

I got a ta30 that the transmission was rebuilt loaded on trailer and unloaded at job moved half mile. The next day it wouldn’t go into gear. It is flashing 93 code. Any help on where to start would be appreciated!

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
93 is basically a low level codeindicating an open circuit to reverse alarm relais, no reason not to go into gear.
When pressing top button on gear switch and moving to F or R system does not catch gear, right? And no further code? So I'd assume not sufficient signals from gear switch. Unplug and put back plugs from gear switch to TCU.

Jcantu

No sir it doesn’t catch. Checked back of plug have 2 powers then have signal from the button and shift up and shift down. When go into fwd no signal and rev no signal. Could you hear solenoid in the valve body if it was engaging?

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Jcantu,
I'll get you some info in a conversation.
With no F or R signal nothing will get out of TCU and no solenoids will do anything.