• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex Scrapers in New Zealand

terexkerry

Happy new year to you too Spud, hope your behaving yourself, 68M.

i am, worked xmas day and every day since,rootraking on d8n with one of rouses rakes,not working for him thougth,great rake,he lost conntract to swaps,take care and good luck,spud

Last edited:

terexkerry

Lizards :notworthy
dear old darlings still going after 40 plus years of toil. God knows how many times they would have paid for themselves.
went past dolf rasmussens yard in paeroa the other day; had a line up of As Bs and a later white one G i think ??
He even had a S7 and TS24 out the back; plus 3 14s for wrecking or resurection ? :confused:
As long as you can get on top of it; cheapest way to move dirt :drinkup

merv the 3 14s are a & r s and dolf does their work he still works there,they have just got 2x637s and 2xs24s and are in a huge way 10 terex ta40s and approx 12,ts14s kerry

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
What job have they got to keep all that gear employed, and whereabouts, kerry ? Not like them to buy 637s :eek: Would be almost sinful for those green blooded characters

terexkerry

the 37,s are d,s and came from down south,merv, i thought they were ex greens,who brought 2 in but they are not those ones.a & r also have a 82 50 ex jack anderson,dolf has just done the engine but the transmission needs doing, the ta 40,s are with fulton hogan along with about 4 x 14,s on new bypass in taraunga,take it easy,kerry

D6 Merv

Occupation
Hi kerry.
Rember feasts 82-50 when it was at waipuna and later weavers crossing. AFAIK that was only one sold in nz. Is this the one your talking about. Know there was another imported one that worked on a chipheap in tauranga. Couldn,t have been many or any others around. Greens 637Ds were only ones i knew about in northern north island. they imported them and a D9L for the twin lakes dam at rimutaka, hell over 25 yrs ago. Met and talked to dolf a few times; but don,t know him that well. Heard of barry andrews but dont know him, but know they have worked together for years. Had some pics here of a guy from ak called Billy Gunter who i did a job with once my 6 pushing his TS14A. But need a kid to upload them for me. Heard rouse and swap had a falling out. Whereabouts you working with that D8N ?

terexkerry

hey merv,just knocked off.dolf told me the guy had imported 3x 37,s and they were not greens,i was on their 9L for 4 years from the first day they got it,57 hours on the clock,nice.there was more than 1 82-50 bought in and I am sure wabcoman will know.I am working 25k north of taupo on sh5 towards rotorua.take it easy,kerry

D6 Merv

Occupation
Was working for goughs when greens got the 37s Rember someone had a FU with the thrust brgs in the 3408s and they hemaroided. Bill Bond bought engines to ak and remember them being repaired. Be somewhere round 85 ?? I left in 86. Knew pat walsh who used to work for greens in ak

D6 Merv

Occupation
No, but i heard about it. Ad was supposedly done when Bill was on Greens original D9G when they did the kopu-hikuai road. Yes Bill was a top guy. Cut all those batters on 'one ton straight' on kh road.
Mills had some TD30s on that road job too; but there efforts werent quite as good as the 9 !

UrParts

all this NZ talk is making me jealous. I spent 3 weeks driving around there 12 years ago and loved every minute of it.