1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

terex mini excavators?

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by westerveld, Mar 6, 2015.

1. westerveld

westerveld Active Member

Does anybody have experience with terex minis? They aren't too popular around here, but there is dealer close by , looking for input on whether they reliable machines

2. 245dlc

245dlc Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    The Terex mini-excavators are German made. They bought out the company Schaeff in the early to mid 2000's. And while they dropped the one or two walking or 'spider' models of excavators they kept most of the rest of the line running including the wheel loaders I believe. Bobcat use to market one of the top of the line machines the TC-75 and called it the 442 I ran one for a few months back in 2005 and actually thought it was a really decent machine all it needed was a quick coupler and an am/fm radio. The hydraulics were well set up, servicing is simple, and I think it had a Deutz liquid cooled engine but I could be wrong. I demo'd a brand new TC-37 and TC-75 just a couple years ago at a local ag equipment dealer and still found them to be pleasant machines to operate, however the TC-37 had an aftermarket Red Dot air conditioner that kinda stuck in to the cab but I still found it more comfortable than a New Holland/Kobelco '50' size machine. I think the TC-37 had a Mitsubishi engine, they also had a TC-50 with an angle dozer blade and a hydraulic thumb but I didn't have a chance to operate it. If there was enough work around here I consider buying one or maybe even of their rubber-tire excavators. I'll leave you with some pictures for a visual aid.

Attached Files:

3. 245dlc

245dlc Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    A few more with the TC-37 and the TC-50....I should be the salesman. lol

Attached Files:

4. 245dlc

245dlc Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Pretty plain instrument panel which is kinda nice instead of those expensive LCD screen that are so common now. This doesn't mean I like Terex as I have heard parts availability isn't that great. They tried to sell me one of their loader/backhoes that was brand new for $60,000.

Attached Files:

5. westerveld

westerveld Active Member

Are you sure your not a salesman ? Lol. Thanks for the input

6. 245dlc

245dlc Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Lol yeah I'm sure I just like excavators a lot especially when they are German made.

7. DirtVanDigger

DirtVanDigger Member

John Deere Sales
    I have past experience renting and selling the Terex machines. Operators used to complain about the jerking reaction in the controls and swing. Parts lead time was horrendous...then again you get what you pay for. Of course now I'd recommend the John Deere machines, but I am a little biased...

http://www.deere.com/en_US/products/equipment/excavators/26g/26g.page

8. cat953

cat953 Active Member

Terex

I have a 2005 TC35 for a few years now and its been a very good machine, good reach,digging power,the only thing I dont like is the blade it should be out a little more from the machine but thats ok its a excavator not a dozer

9. apetad

apetad Senior Member

Compact Construction Equipment Sales
    Parts are a nightmare, but put together well. Van Digger what John Deere product do you NOT like and why?