• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex Crossover 6000

Dualie

looks like a HUGE outrigger spread. At that point you would be better served by buying a true 60 ton crane.

Dualie

well to get the permits here in CA to be road legal it would have to have a fixed weight. You can run a 60ton with full counterweights here. I know guys that pull their little pickups behind cranes but i don't know if they go through scales with them on.

I own a boom truck i see their usefulness but these guynormus boom trucks are bordering on to big to be a useful boom truck in places a crane would be more practical

Last edited:

Hoister

Occupation
Operating Engineer
In my opinion these are pointless with limited hauling space on the bed, not to mention limited hauling weight and the fact that its a truck and you'd have to keep it inspected. Might as well have a purpose built truck crane. That being said, I'd say its a good crane design, just doesn't make sense on the road.

Tiny

The 40 ton national the company has an outrigger span or 24 and 1/2 feet , The span on that 60 ton is 24 feet . Must be the different design giving the illusion of being bigger

Vicen

That's suprising for me. Crossover is somehow interesting, but still. Havent had worked with it though. Maybe i will tell the boss to buy one:D, or better to use an All Erection & Crane Rental company, because he is so cheap. It would be nice to try and work with something else :)

basspro

We have 3 80 ton terex boom trucks. All are on 5 axle chassis (2 steer axles, 3 drive axles). Got em brand new and other than having a fat chart, they suck. Slow, jib is a joke (sad sad joke), all have blown the PTO outta the tranny more than once, Easy to overheat the fluid, and ours are on outriggers like concrete pumpers have, so no 1/2 jack in tight spots. huge mistake getting these things.

boomers

We have 3 80 ton terex boom trucks. All are on 5 axle chassis (2 steer axles, 3 drive axles). Got em brand new and other than having a fat chart, they suck. Slow, jib is a joke (sad sad joke), all have blown the PTO outta the tranny more than once, Easy to overheat the fluid, and ours are on outriggers like concrete pumpers have, so no 1/2 jack in tight spots. huge mistake getting these things.
are you still running these crossovers ?