• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex and schaeff compact wheel loaders

fendtman

see a few advertised, I think they are the same machine, just one newer then the other. does any one have the 8xx series loaders and how do you like them, made around the mid to late 90's

cherokee101

I see you never got a response. Yes, same. I have a '94 model SKL831. Bear to get parts for. Fittings are DIN and I finally found out how to read them and a place to buy them. I get order the crimp styel end fittings and buy the hose locally. Have to shim up the crimping tool with pennies to get it to crimp right and the local boys at the auto parts store are always baffled about what I'm doing.

I have a problem somewhere in the directional popoff I think. I am having to become a Rexroth service hand to fix it. I think if I ever get it running right I will like it. Would really like to have a Volvo L30 or 35 though or even a JCB though I don't really need either.

I have the four in one bucket. It uses a euro style proprietary quick coupler and if I ever get it running right I will invest in building an adaptor plate for SAE flat plate connector to use my brush grapple and tree shear as it does have a third valve.

If these people would make these with higher capacity pumps like a skid steer the compact loaders would put the skid steer in the shade.

cherokee101

Hadn't been on in a day-or-two and noted the comments. Pennies work and dimes are for fine tuning. Simply a matter of geometry and math given a compression ring and die of known taper and hydraulic press of known travel. The kids at the auto parts store learned a use for the high school math they should be taking.

The machine is running now, I have gotten a sufficient RexRoth education to fix the little problem in the transmission. We are on to the skidsteer adapter plate for the tree shear and grapple!

laketreefarm

Occupation
Owner
I have 2 Schaeff SCL-515 compact loaders. Nice machines. Bought one new in 2002 and the second on E-bay. Terex dealers generally don't have parts and are clueless as to repairs. I need to find a good dealer who can service them or they've got to go. I have one with a bad computer/control problem and it starts,turns and fails to consistently move. took it to a Rupp a Terex,Volvo dealer in Louisville and they wasted my money pissing around , worked on things that were easy (new pins and lights) but never solved the movement problem and gave me a huge bill for a still dead machine. Grr... So need an honest Terex/Schaeff dealer that knows their stuff! The machine we bought new has been the best small loader we ever run. Picks up 5500# and pushes dirt like a track machine. Has unique joystick steering an addition to steering wheel which is really nice when loading trucks.

laketreefarm

Occupation
Owner
In my prior post from last year I was griping about the crappy Terex dealer response on my SCL-515 "dead machine. Well raise the dead. I got ACT Toyata Forklift out Winston Salem to take the Terex/Shaeff into their shop in Basset Va. and miracles were performed and I now have a back from the dead running SCL-515. They bypassed the computer and it runs like new. Pleased me so muck that I also bought a new Takeuchi CL-60 loader which is a machine made by Atlas in France for Takeuchi. Very nice 7 ton machine. Picks up 5 tons. and can carry a 2 yd. bucket. So hats off to ACT.

cherokee101

Bypassing Computer on Schaeff / Terex Loader

Can you provide any info on how they bypassed the computer? I've wondered if they were completely necessary.