• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex 28106

TreeService

Does anyone have experience with Terex 28106. What is the stability of this crane with the angled a frame outriggers?

crane operator

I'd be more concerned about parts and service than stability. Terex doesn't make any of the boom trucks any more and you will be out of luck for any parts or support. I never had good luck getting anything from them when they were still making equipment here. Nor did they have a great reputation.

I think the angled front outriggers would be awkward in some tight spots because you can't just slide the outrigger between two obstructions, you would need a lot more room for extension.

The chart for that crane shows a big deduct working over the front, and when you back into a yard/driveway, you're going to lose a lot of radius because of the bed/deck length behind you. A rear mount gets you a lot closer to your work.

All that said, I've never run a terex 28106 personally, and they might be the best thing since sliced bread. But if I was buying a boom truck- it would be a national or a manitex.