• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tell me the cons with this odd built trailer

69zfarmer

I need a pintle hitch trailer to haul my backhoe with.I will only use it 2 or 3 times a year and for very short trips.I found a Mustang brand 20' flat w/5' dovetail thats rated at 28,000 lbs. for $1,500 that needs a floor and probally brake work.It has 8-8 lug rims that look like what comes on 7000 lb axles.The tires and rims are about 12" apart and have 2 sets of leaf springs in between them there is no axle tube in between left side and right.there is 8 brakes on it one per wheel.What kinds of problems will i have with this trailer set up like this?

pemolitor

I have three of that style trailers and they have all been great. Mine have the dayton style wheels. The two downsides are changing tires and as you noticed twice as many brakes to replace.