• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Td8e ?

ragerider

Occupation
pipeliner!!!!
IMG_3335.JPG I found an 80 td8e shows 500 hours and after looking at the undercarriage I believe it. It has a gearmatic winch and cab owner says it runs good has the ih engine and he gave me a pretty decent price my thoughts are swap tracks with my komatsu d32 and pull winch off possibly part out does anyone need parts? Thoughts?

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
View attachment 180175 I found an 80 td8e shows 500 hours and after looking at the undercarriage I believe it. It has a gearmatic winch and cab owner says it runs good has the ih engine and he gave me a pretty decent price my thoughts are swap tracks with my komatsu d32 and pull winch off possibly part out does anyone need parts? Thoughts?
What for , if the tractor is sound , keep it and sell the D32 .It's not as though you are upgrading a Komatsu to one with good tracks as its an inter with Komatsu stickers .

Bluox

Those tracks are about 80% worn. That hour meter may only have 500 hours on it but those tracks have a bunch more!
Bob

Mother Deuce

In my experience... that was really a good machine along with the 7. Seems like the 8 was turboed. It was the cool tool for dressing slopes as it would just steam right up a freeway slope pushing a full blade of dirt. I love the things. If I hadn't just purchased El Rancho Costa Lotsa I would already own Wille B's machine. Take it out give it a little romp... you just might like it.