• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Td15e lost all power to right track

Digger306

So backing up from a push lost all power to right track.left track functions as it should in all gears and speeds took seat and floor off no leaks. The linkage all moves as they should do . So I put in gear drive shaft stops and left track engages pull on right track lever nothing changes so pull on left track lever and drive shaft spins like it in neutral step on brake pedal it makes a clunk and right track moves maybe 6 inches so I backed dozer out of hole I was in maybe 20 feet by tapping brake peddle with left lever partially pulled moving 6inches at a time any help greatly appreciated hope your listening rocko58

Digger306

In the transmission? I was wondering if brake is stuck on ok by pushing brake peddle I can get it to move 6 inches at a time

Dave Neubert

If you have the 2 speed tracks most likely problem in the clutch packs on the right track I had repaired one a few years ago

Dave Neubert

That does seem low the one I repaired had 8000 there are pressure ports to check pressures I think they are in one of the side compartments beside the seat

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Check pressures after pulling filters and cutting them open looking for metal.

td15c

If you pull the cover off the rear main frame you can see hydraulic hoses in there they connect to the valve under the fuel tank. that is bolted to a hole in the top deck of the main frame. and then The hoses run from there to the two speed steering unit..they supply the pressure for the cluch packs for the two speed steering.

Last edited:

td15c

Glad that was it. some of those hoses are a pain the a** to change.if I remember right those hoses had a spec for the high heat and oil they are in, in the main frame.